Author Topic: GSX Freezing - FSUIPC Issue  (Read 2326 times)

shefellover93

GSX Freezing - FSUIPC Issue
« on: May 15, 2017, 11:59:08 am »
Hey guys,

Just bought GSX the other day, but I'm unable to use it at the moment as it seems to cripple my SimConnect.

I have FS Real Time, FSXWX for weather, and occasionally vpilot and FSPax, all which work fine in tandem.

However, when I started GSX it seems to crash my Acars system, and GSX itself lags to the point where it looks shocking. Catering trucks jump 20 yards and bags go straight from the van into the fuselage with little-to-no animation, which is exactly why I bought it  ;D FSX itself runs as normal, I'm able to pan around the airport no problem and animated vehicles with the scenery work absolutely fine.

Weirdly, when I switch from FSX to another programme, but can see the unselected window in the background, the animation becomes smooth and all runs well.

I know it's not an issue with GSX itself, but I'm wondering if anyone has come across a similar issue. I think it's with SimConnect being overloaded, but not sure what I can do to make this any better. Was this and issue and sorted in an update? I saw the previous thread but that seemed to be an AirbusX specific issue, but I was using PMDG products as well as Aerosoft and they all have the same issue.

GSX is a really slick programme, and I was happy to pay what I thought was well worth the price, just frustrating there's something conflicting!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Freezing - FSUIPC Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:14:25 pm »
I think it's with SimConnect being overloaded, but not sure what I can do to make this any better. Was this and issue and sorted in an update?

If other addons saturate Simconnect, there's not much we can fix from our side. The first thing to test would be: does the pauses happens when GSX is used without any other addons, especially weather engines ?

Another possible source of problems, is the AffinityMask setting. Try to play with this setting, and see if it does any difference.

shefellover93

Re: GSX Freezing - FSUIPC Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:41:54 pm »
I think it's with SimConnect being overloaded, but not sure what I can do to make this any better. Was this and issue and sorted in an update?

If other addons saturate Simconnect, there's not much we can fix from our side. The first thing to test would be: does the pauses happens when GSX is used without any other addons, especially weather engines ?

Another possible source of problems, is the AffinityMask setting. Try to play with this setting, and see if it does any difference.

That's fine, just thought someone may have had this issue before and have a fix for it.

Might have a play with that, might just have to reinstall FSUIPC and see if that works :)