Author Topic: GSX animations for Marshaller suddenly stopped  (Read 3732 times)

Yellowjack

GSX animations for Marshaller suddenly stopped
« on: May 12, 2017, 04:01:41 am »
My GSX Marshaller no longer walks around but slides around without moving his legs, I also lack the Arm waving animations for Gate approach  although I get the displayed messages  I have no voice messaging from the marshaller.

Can anybody recommend my best course of action for restoring these features?  Thank you for reading.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX animations for Marshaller suddenly stopped
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:16 am »
You must have switched off the "Advanced Animations" setting in the graphic settings.

Yellowjack

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:47:45 pm »
Where are these advanced animations settings? Are they part of Win 10 or GSX, I will check the GSX manual to see if they are mentioned in there. I certainly didn't switch them off knowingly. 

Yellowjack

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 11:31:13 pm »
OK I have checked around and the only  "Advanced Animations" I have found is in FSX settings and this was and is ticked so it cannot be that. I can find no mention of them in any GSX material.

Yellowjack

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 02:45:54 am »
Eureka,

This issue resolved itself sort of. I recently had a large Win10 update evidenced because of the time it took after I powered down until the tome that Win10 powered my PC down (somewhere between five and ten minutes later). This morning I went to FSX ant the first thing that happened was the main FSX screen was very small on my large (21x9) display. I fixed this error and went into an FSX flight and low and behold my animations had returned a left FSX for another reason. After it closed down I got a system message which said "Compatibility settings applied".

When I returned to FSX a little later all was well and I completed a successful flight with problems whatever.

I'm afraid I'm not a big fan of the Win10 method of managing updates in secret.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 09:57:43 am »
After it closed down I got a system message which said "Compatibility settings applied".

Yes, that might be another reason. "Compatibility" settings are evil. FSX works perfectly without any compatibility settings, and by enabling them, the OS will force the video drivers to run in a lesser performing mode (it's called WDDM 1.0 vs 1.1 or above), and this will hamper their full capabilities and some of them, like shaders support, is required for animations and jetways, for example.

Yellowjack

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 09:04:43 pm »
Thanks for that advice but if performance is hindered how do I get it back?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 09:13:01 am »
Thanks for that advice but if performance is hindered how do I get it back?

Turning off each and every Compatibility setting. Some of them might not be easy to check for, because they are in the registry, at the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Remove everything related to FSX.EXE, if you have any. The GSX/Addon Manager installer also clears them up, which is why some users reports of problems gone when reinstalling.