Author Topic: Log Error: Destroyed Sim Object  (Read 6642 times)

davidbr22

Log Error: Destroyed Sim Object
« on: May 11, 2017, 10:21:15 pm »
When ever I go to KLAX (FSDT) --- the log always shows: "Warning: attempted requestData on destroyed SimObject "
Is this a FSDT object or ?  I've reinstalled several times and it's always in the log file.  Can you tell me what the object is and how to fix it ?
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Log Error: Destroyed Sim Object
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 01:53:44 am »
That's a warning, not an error so, I think it doesn't affect GSX or the scenery.

davidbr22

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 10:05:00 pm »
Thanks for the prompt reply.  So does this mean there is a destroyed object or not ? As for KLAX, when a flight is made using KLAX -  it does crash FSX for some unknown reason.  That's about 5% of the time and there is nothing in the log file to explain it. If it is a destroyed object, that might explain the artifacts I get when arriving at KLAX. That occurs around 10% of the time.
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 10:02:22 am »
A random crash happening only 5% of the time, seems to be a problem with one of your AI, like a corrupted/missing texture, and you don't see it often, because you must go there only when that particular AI is called for, due to its schedule and time/date.

Do you see the "destroyed" objects message in the log, if you just go at KLAX, without starting GSX ?

davidbr22

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 09:17:56 pm »
I didn't deactivate GSX but did not use it 5 times in a row and no warning in the log. I think that confirms it may be a GSX object but which one ? Also, if I disable AI traffic, now I'm using UT2, it will still crash for some unknown reason with the same frequency. I suspect it may be ASN causing the problem because when I don't use it, crashes are few and far between. For some reason, it only happens at KLAX. Is there a compatibility issue with ASN and KLAX scenery or FSDT products ?  I would like to point out that the warning message in the log file occurs whether I'm using ASN or not.
Dave
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:34:49 pm by davidbr22 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:01 am »
I suspect it may be ASN causing the problem because when I don't use it, crashes are few and far between. For some reason, it only happens at KLAX. Is there a compatibility issue with ASN and KLAX scenery or FSDT products ?  I would like to point out that the warning message in the log file occurs whether I'm using ASN or not.

It's not entirely clear now, what your problem is. You first reported a warning in the log which, as I've said, shouldn't be a showstopper. Then you referenced a crash.

Do they always happen at the same time ? Or, you just have one, or the other, randomly ? Because, they might just be two separate and unrelated issues.

davidbr22

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:15 pm »
Hi Umberto:
I can see how this could be confusing. There are 2 separate issues.I shouldn't have brought ASN into the picture. To clarify, the warning about the sim object appears to happen only when I use GSX.  As mentioned, on occasion I get artifacts when I fly into KLAX. I'm not sure if the destroyed sim object is the cause, but if I do not load any AI traffic at all, including FSX boats, cars, etc, artifacts still happen. That leads me to believe it's the destroyed sim object that may be the problem for the artifacts. As for the times FSX will just crash when I use KLAX as a starting point --- I'm not sure what causes it. I don't get an error message. 
ASN - ASN will crash 50% of the time but not crash FSX if I use KLAX as a start of a flight. It will not do that at KJFK or PHNL or any default scenery. It also will not crash when arriving at KLAX.
 It gets frustrating because KLAX for some strange reason seems to be at the heart of the problems. If I disable KLAX, everything goes away. Even if I use default scenery, use GSX, there are no warnings about a destroyed sim object, no crashes, no problems with ASN. Are there sim objects GSX uses for just KLAX ? Is there some sort of strange conflict with ASN and FSDT KLAX ?
I'm determined to use KLAX simply because I love the scenery. When it's working correctly, it's really beautiful.
Thanks,
Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 08:46:19 am »
As mentioned, on occasion I get artifacts when I fly into KLAX. I'm not sure if the destroyed sim object is the cause, but if I do not load any AI traffic at all, including FSX boats, cars, etc, artifacts still happen.

Artifacts ? Visual glitches ?

That leads me to believe it's the destroyed sim object that may be the problem for the artifacts

Absolutely not.

ASN - ASN will crash 50% of the time but not crash FSX if I use KLAX as a start of a flight. It will not do that at KJFK or PHNL or any default scenery. It also will not crash when arriving at KLAX.

You mean ASN crashes ITSELF ? Or, the sim crashes, and you believe it's caused by ASN ?

Is there some sort of strange conflict with ASN and FSDT KLAX ?

Which means you don't get any crashes at KLAX, if you don't load ASN ?

davidbr22

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 06:27:33 pm »
Artifacts --- Vertical ladders at both ends of the runways.  Artifacts are caused by a variety of problems - everything from bad video drivers, chip problem and scenery among the most common.
ASN -- does not crash FSX as stated, just itself.

davidbr22

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 06:30:07 pm »
KLAX Crashing -- It will crash whether ASN is loaded or not.

As stated, if I disable KLAX all problems cease.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:13:57 am »
Artifacts --- Vertical ladders at both ends of the runways.  Artifacts are caused by a variety of problems - everything from bad video drivers, chip problem and scenery among the most common. ASN -- does not crash FSX as stated, just itself

This indicates you have two entirely separate issues:

1) Visual artifacts. In your case, you can be sure they are created by video drivers. If the scenery were the problem, everybody would have reported them by now.

2) ASN crashing by itself. This is clearly an ASN problem.

Fact that both happens to KLAX, and disappear if you disable it, doesn't indicate in any way that KLAXis the cause. KLAX, instead, is the victim, of both your video drivers, and some kind of conflict related to ASN which, again, nobody reported it before in relationship to KLAX.

davidbr22

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 11:59:43 pm »
Umberto --- I am happy to report everything is working as it should. There is a problem either with the downloads or installation. I say that because in order for me to get KLAX working correctly, I had to uninstall and install 5 or 6 times over a 3 day period. Three days because the downloads didn't seem right (very, very slow) and finally they downloaded and installed vey fast. No more artifacts so it wasn't video card related, no more destroyed objects, no more crashes.  As I stated before - when the scenery is ok, it's the best scenery out there. Thanks for developing it.
Dave
PS --- please do something about the downloads.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 12:34:25 am »
No more artifacts so it wasn't video card related, no more destroyed objects, no more crashes.  As I stated before - when the scenery is ok, it's the best scenery out there.

As I've said, you had TWO separate, unrelated, issues.

The video artifacts WERE caused by the video card. Something must have changed in your configuration that, and it's totally unrelated to the scenery or its installation.  It's not possible that a problem with the download could cause this, since the scenery files are included in the installer, and the installer won't even complete if it didn't passed an integrity check: it would report errors while installing files.

It's *possible* instead, the errors about destroyed Simobjects might have been caused by bad downloads, since those files are part of the things that are downloaded automatically by the installer so, it's possible you might have been stuck with some outdated files.

please do something about the downloads.

It has been already taken care of, see the part about the new update server:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15592.0.html