Author Topic: De-Icers, effects on FSX with DX10 fix  (Read 2178 times)

GEK_the_Reaper

De-Icers, effects on FSX with DX10 fix
« on: May 04, 2017, 09:42:11 am »
Hello guys,

I'm new to GSX (2 months maybe) and also verry new to FSX:SE with Steves DX10 fixer (1 week). I know FSX DX10 is verry buggy but still have 1 Q to ask you guys.

The product page states GSX is DX10 compatible. Well I have problems to see the "moisture cloud" engulfing the wings during de-icing. I see only 2 narrow triangular-shaped solid beams and nowathen the effect pops up then dissapears.
In DX9 the effect works perfect. Since the product states it is DX10 compatible, I have not converted the particle effects to DX10 with the fixer.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Regards,
Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De-Icers, effects on FSX with DX10 fix
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 09:56:26 am »
In DX9 the effect works perfect. Since the product states it is DX10 compatible, I have not converted the particle effects to DX10 with the fixer.

GSX is compatible with DX10, meaning that it works with it but, of course, if there are still bugs in FSX, there's not much we can do to fix it, that's why the DX10 Fixer exists in the first place: not just to fix addons which are not DX10 compatible (GSX is), but to fix problems in the DirectX 10 mode in the sim itself.

And, not only the effect works in DX9, as you have noticed, but it works also in P3D, which runs under DX11 so, clearly, the effect itself is correct and compatible with every DirectX version, provided the sim doesn't have bugs.

GEK_the_Reaper

Re: De-Icers, effects on FSX with DX10 fix
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 10:24:01 am »
Thank you for the quick feedback. The fact that the effects work with P3D DX11 is already good enough (this was actualy the answer I expected within this post).

I also raised the Q on Steves Fixer forum in the thought I could find someone using FSX:SE + GSX + Fixer to confirm the same visual experinence (and a fix to it). Unfortunately with no luck so far.

Best regards and thank you for the nice AddOn. I newer had any issues with it.
Gerald