Author Topic: Marshaller's arms frozen...  (Read 4038 times)

DrumsArt

Marshaller's arms frozen...
« on: April 06, 2017, 02:46:22 am »
Hi,

The Marshaller's arms don't move anymore at gate or park during parking assistance. After park and shutdown the engine, the Marshaller leave the place just in "slewing" instead to walk. This happens at any airport.

I never have this problem since I use Gsx (several hours by week). This appeared there are few days.

My config is in my signature...I use FSX Acceleration

Find this problem in the forum excepted for me this "glitch" appears during the first flight not the second like related in the other post...So...

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier
Edit : Just to add...The fact to restart Couatl don't fix the problem.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:19:58 am by DrumsArt »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Marshaller's arms frozen...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:24:55 am »
I've had this happen in FSX SP2 a few times and found that it's usually memory related, meaning that if I racking up a lot of VAS usage it will happen.

My work around which has solved it for me every time is to go from full screen mode to windowed mode, then back to full screen mode before I start my descent to the arrival airport. This seems to reset VAS a little bit and prevents the marshaler from getting his arms and legs stuck.

DrumsArt

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 06:40:00 am »
Thank you for your answer. The problem is I have 1.4 Vas free with the aircrafts I fly at this time. On an other side when I had +-0.4 Vas free (Vas monitor) with for example the 320 FsLabs, I had never this "glitch". I have Gsx from near the day one, so...

You're right, I noticed also about to go from full screen mode to windowed mode, then back to full screen mode. Effectively it seems to reset VAS a little bit but not for a long time  :)

I'll try but I doubt it's relevant in my case. Curiously like I wrote in my previous post, this appeared there are 4 or 5 days...I've never, never had this before !

Regards,

Richard
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:46:27 pm by DrumsArt »
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 PRO 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.1|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|GSX|ORBX

DrumsArt

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:31 pm »
I've had this happen in FSX SP2 a few times and found that it's usually memory related, meaning that if I racking up a lot of VAS usage it will happen.

My work around which has solved it for me every time is to go from full screen mode to windowed mode, then back to full screen mode before I start my descent to the arrival airport. This seems to reset VAS a little bit and prevents the marshaler from getting his arms and legs stuck.
Well, like expected (see my previous post)...Don't work !

Thank you and Regards,

Richard
Richard Portier

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:57:33 pm »
The viewing distance and the zoom setting can affect this, since the sim automatically disable animations to save fps/memory after a certain distance.

DrumsArt

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 05:09:38 pm »
The viewing distance and the zoom setting can affect this, since the sim automatically disable animations to save fps/memory after a certain distance.
My zoom setting not changed, always 0.50 on all my aircrafts and had no problem previously with Gsx... I'll a look with Ezca just in case and report. I guess if I want reinstall with the full Gsx program, I must do a complete deinstall ?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard
Richard Portier

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 05:18:08 pm »
. I'll a look with Ezca just in case and report.

It's possible that a 3rd party camera view might change the way the sim optimize the animations, maybe it's causing it to miscalc the viewpoint reference point somehow. Of course, the first question would be: does it happen with a DEFAULT camera view ?

I guess if I want reinstall with the full Gsx program, I must do a complete deinstall ?

Reinstalling won't change anything, unless you want to do it anyway, to be sure you have the latest version of everything, but surely nothing has been changed/updated in the marshaller.

In any case, it's not very clear from your message if you are seeing this *everytime*, or only on the 2nd flight. If it works once, but not the 2nd one, try to "Restart Couatl" before the 2nd flight, and see if it fixes it.

DrumsArt

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:39:33 pm »
. I'll a look with Ezca just in case and report.

It's possible that a 3rd party camera view might change the way the sim optimize the animations, maybe it's causing it to miscalc the viewpoint reference point somehow. Of course, the first question would be: does it happen with a DEFAULT camera view ?

I guess if I want reinstall with the full Gsx program, I must do a complete deinstall ?

Reinstalling won't change anything, unless you want to do it anyway, to be sure you have the latest version of everything, but surely nothing has been changed/updated in the marshaller.

In any case, it's not very clear from your message if you are seeing this *everytime*, or only on the 2nd flight. If it works once, but not the 2nd one, try to "Restart Couatl" before the 2nd flight, and see if it fixes it.
I specified it in my first post. Happens everytime and the fact to "Restart Couatl" don't change anything. I'll test with a DEFAULT camera view and report.
Regards,

Richard
Richard Portier

DrumsArt

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 10:56:45 am »
Well, well, well...Solved ! Animations was unticked in FSX !

Is it possible that some programs (I doubt) modify this parameter ? Because I never touch this option (no interest) and I do not think/remember I touched it 5 or 6 days ago :o.

If it's me (probably ;D). I have to consult very quickly... :D. Anyway all work like a charm again  8)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Richard
Richard Portier

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 09:27:22 am »
Well, well, well...Solved ! Animations was unticked in FSX !

Is it possible that some programs (I doubt) modify this parameter ? Because I never touch this option (no interest) and I do not think/remember I touched it 5 or 6 days ago

The GSX installed automatically ENABLES that setting, for the precise reason that some users disable it and forget about it so, reinstalling GSX would have fixed this anyway.

Never heard of a software that disables it automatically.