Author Topic: Scenery/GSX not working Addon manager/Couatl missing from addon menu  (Read 2883 times)

Flyguy9876

Hey

Suddenly all my FSDT stuff is no longer working.  Before making this post I have diligently search and applied many of the troubleshooting options listed in this forum (including the 4 steps posted back in 2013 like reinstall GSX with anti virus off, reinstall VS C++, repair FSX SP2,....)  Unfortunately none of these has solved my issues and I still cannot get the terminal buildings or other textures (RWY,GND, ect.) to load.  I am at a loss and am hoping someone may have some alternate trouble shooting solutions.  Please let me know what else I can try.

Kind Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery/GSX not working Addon manager/Couatl missing from addon menu
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:08:43 am »
Suddenly all my FSDT stuff is no longer working.  Before making this post I have diligently search and applied many of the troubleshooting options listed in this forum (including the 4 steps posted back in 2013 like reinstall GSX with anti virus off, reinstall VS C++, repair FSX SP2,....)  Unfortunately none of these has solved my issues and I still cannot get the terminal buildings or other textures (RWY,GND, ect.) to load. 

Since we haven't updated anything since 2 months, the only possible reason for the software disappearing like that is that something has changed in your system in the meantime, which can be:

- An antivirus update introduced a bug, so the antivirus decided to block the software for no reason, because of its bug. So, you must configure the antivirus to exclude the whole flight sim folder from scannnig, and reinstall the full GSX with the antivirus turned off.

- Another 3rd party flight sim addon has destroyed your DLL/EXE XML files, stopping the modules from starting.

- Another 3rd party flight sim addon you installed which was compiled with an outdated Simconnect, is causing a conflict between different Simconnect versions, making the sim begin stuck with the outdated version, instead of the proper, updated, version our software requires.

Also, you should ONLY use the current version of our installers, and keep in mind they now use and requires VC++ 2013, not 2005. They obviously install it automatically, if it's not already installed in your system. However, Simconnect itself (used by ALL FSX addons) will still require a proper installation of the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes so, if something goes wrong with them, all addons (not just FSDT's) using the latest Simconnect won't work anymore. Addons still using the outdated Simconnect might still work, because they depend on a *different* VC++ 2005 runtime, which might not be missing/corrupt on your system.

Have a look at these threads for some suggestions that worked:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9164.msg73731.html#msg73731
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15039.msg110028.html#msg110028