Author Topic: COUATL ISSUES  (Read 3460 times)

kui5566

COUATL ISSUES
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:41:24 am »
Hi Fsdreamteam,

when i load my flight, this warning came out and it ask me to go into log:

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Fri Mar 10 08:24:58 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 720, in onSimStart
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'balance'
{'Airport': 'WMKK', 'User Pos': (2.7461138889164847, 101.71223333333342, 24.9936 m, 3.65761 m, 325.720235173898)}

so i wasnt sure why this appear?

any solution?

regards,
Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:17:06 pm »
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'balance'

Nobody ever reported this error before. Does it happen only on a specific airport ?

jpgmultimodal

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:24:09 pm »
Good evening,

Apparently I got the same message for the first time this morning (see enclosed). Each time I start FSX (Win7) I got the same message even if I do not start GSX. I uninstalled then installed again and same message not on a specific airport as soon as I launch FSX.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

JP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:34:28 am »
Apparently I got the same message for the first time this morning (see enclosed).

This, instead, it's an entirely different message from your first one, and it's one that has been discussed so many times in the forum, which happened because you disabled GSX, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

jpgmultimodal

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:57:39 am »
Thank you very much Umberto. It works perfectly again.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

JP

kui5566

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 10:04:06 am »
Apparently I got the same message for the first time this morning (see enclosed).

This, instead, it's an entirely different message from your first one, and it's one that has been discussed so many times in the forum, which happened because you disabled GSX, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

Hi,

this problem happen again, i follow as u said diable = 0 under GSX...... then i restart FSX and it come out the same problem again and again.

is there any solution?

Jack

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:11:13 am »
this problem happen again, i follow as u said diable = 0 under GSX...... then i restart FSX and it come out the same problem again and again.

Well, of course it happens if you disable it again, that was what caused it in the first place!

As discussed in all other threads about this error, the error is caused BECAUSE you disabled GSX. It's not fixed in any other way other than the one which has been discussed in the other threads, which is re-enabling it back.

We'll surely fix in a future update, so you won't assume this was some kind of bug but, the whole point is: why you would want to install GSX and then disable it ? The only reason to have a menu option to disable an addon, was to allow troubleshooting, not as a normal operation.

If you don't use GSX, you should uninstall it.

If you want to disable it on a specific airport for some reason, the proper way is to use the disable_on_airports command in the Couatladdons.ini file, as explained at Page 23 of the GSX manual.

If you don't need it momentarily, just don't call it. It doesn't take ANY memory ( since it runs *entirely* externally from the sim ), if you don't call the objects.