Author Topic: Altitude bgl read as AFCAD  (Read 2404 times)

Leber

Altitude bgl read as AFCAD
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:10:49 pm »
Hello Boys,

Today I have a tricky one to us, envolving GSX and FSX, and here it goes..

For some reason that a don´t now why (of course don´t, otherwise I wouldn´t be here...), GSX is reading an altitude correction file, located in ...FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery as  the main AFCAD of the airport, and not the right on located in the ...FSX/AddonScenery folder, just where it should be. I realize that looking the path to the AFCAD on the "customize airport positions" in the GSX menu.

I´m running FSX Acceleration Pack, and the issue happens using a third part addon, in this case, EDVK. I have already clean up my index folder, but no success at all.

Edit 1: Also have rebuild cache several times without success and turned on the log option, but the only thing there aboute EDVK are the two informations below:

using "Addon Scenery\Alemanha\EDVK Kassel - A, Claudi\scenery" (layer 475)  - that´s the right place of the AFCAD
Loading airport EDVK from C:\Flight Simulator\Scenery\World\scenery\EDVK_ALT.BGL - that´s the wrong file that´s being loaded by GSX

I have check the AFCAD using ADE, and there are no corrupted taxi or parking links, everthing seem to be ok too.

Another usefull information: the scenery is pretty much ok inside FSX, with no problem.

Thanks in advance to whom give me some north here about what am I missing.

Best regards !

Charles
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:23:07 pm by Leber »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Altitude bgl read as AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:30:17 am »
For some reason that a don´t now why (of course don´t, otherwise I wouldn´t be here...), GSX is reading an altitude correction file, located in ...FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery as  the main AFCAD of the airport, and not the right on located in the ...FSX/AddonScenery folder, just where it should be. I realize that looking the path to the AFCAD on the "customize airport positions" in the GSX menu.

GSX reads the AFCAD files using the same rules as FSX: in order of layer priority so, the files found on the topmost layers will be used. Normally, the layer for Scenery/World/Scenery should be LOWER than the Addon Scenery one. In fact, altitude correction .BGLs are required in order to have this file loaded first, so AI planes won't appear raised, so it must stay on a lower layer, which is the Scenery/World/Scenery one.

So, the most likely explanation is that you have your Scenery Library ordering wrong, with Addon Scenery having a lower priority than Scenery/World/Scenery, which will likely cause other issues, not just to GSX.