Author Topic: AS MEGA AIRPORT MUNICH  (Read 4998 times)

hrings

AS MEGA AIRPORT MUNICH
« on: March 22, 2017, 12:20:48 am »
I bought and installed the Mega airport Munich but I am unable the get the GSX to work. When on ground and at stand 204 it answers there is no parking at this airport.
I Have tried to put it in add on and also tried it under Aerosoft and in both cases add it via the manager.
When trying cutomisation it shows no parking stands. Any tips on why not?
And what to do to get the GSX to work with this airport?
HenningR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AS MEGA AIRPORT MUNICH
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:11:46 am »
I bought and installed the Mega airport Munich but I am unable the get the GSX to work. When on ground and at stand 204 it answers there is no parking at this airport.

Check which AFCAD is in use by GSX. If this airport use auxiliary AFCADs with fake ICAO names to represent helipads, for example, they must by excluded from GSX using the airport_visibility command, explained in the GSX manual at page 24.

hrings

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:22:24 am »
I am well into PC but not Simulator.
I figure that the AFCAD spoken has an .cfg file to modify as you describe on page 24.
But where to find that AFCAD and under which folder is it placed. Is it the old file from eddm that disturb.
I have placed the new EDDM under P3D addons

hrings

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:42:57 am »
In the coutl log it says that it has loaded AFCAD   .... scenery\world\scenery\AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL
When checking thar register that particular AFX file is'nt there.
How to change what GSX loads?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 05:00:54 pm »
In the coutl log it says that it has loaded AFCAD   .... scenery\world\scenery\AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL When checking thar register that particular AFX file is'nt there.

It's not possible that GSX would load a file that doesn't exist. If it tried to do that, it would give you some kind of error, like trying to access a file that doesn't exist.

So, if you haven't seen such error, that file is surely there.

From the name, it seems the file is an altitude correction AFCAD, so it shouldn't contain any parkings but, if GSX has chosen it, it means there are parkings in it.

The weird name seems to be a fake ICAO ( EDDM spelled backward ) and, as I've said in my previous reply, if an airport use auxiliary AFCADs with fake ICAO names to represent helipads, for example, they must by excluded from GSX using the airport_visibility command, explained in the GSX manual at page 24.

hrings

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:47 pm »
I have tried that with the visibility on page 24 without help.
I have completely removed mega airport Munich and restarted and reinstalled the airport again also without improvement.
When I started the simulator in Munich stand 204 the airport is loaded correctly and it says (GSX)Regenerating Airport Cache, without any fault.
When starting GSX with shft,ctrl,F12 it says no paring places at this airport.
How and where can i alter to the correct AFCAD. Where is that done.
When opening GSX customization from top
Airport EDDM-Munich
AFCAD C:\Program Files(x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Scenery\world\Scenery\AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL
The left colum with the normal parking places are blank under airport andAirport type is RAMP GA and unable to change and save and to add new parking stands

My airport Munich is under ......Prepar3D\Aerosoft\ mega Airport Munich
How and where do I change to the correct AFCAD.
PLEASE HELP
Henning

hrings

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 01:31:54 pm »
PLEASE PLEASE. HELP HELP
When opening Aerosoft airport Mega Munich The GSX Customization opens the AFCAD in wrong position(Folder)
It opens .... Prepar3d V3\Scenery\World\scenery\AFX_EDDM_ALT.BGL (original it was MDDE_alt.BGL but I have tried to change)

The Airport is in .......Prepar3D\Aerosoft\ Mega Airport Munich.

How and Where do I change the AFCAD file to be opened in the correct folder.
I have reinstalled both P3D and GSX And Mega Munich without help
Nothing can be changed in GSX Customization.
When removing Mega Munich and open with the orignal EDDM that is in P3D, it works ok and opens with the correct AFCAD
HenningR
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:05:17 pm by hrings »

Rainer

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 12:47:16 pm »
Hello Henning,

a few weeks ago, I was at the exact same point as you now!
But I canĀ“t resolve the problem despite I know the instructions
which are given in the manual as well from Umberto.

In the end I gave up!
Hope, you are more successfull; good luck!

Cheers Rainer

hrings

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 12:53:39 pm »
I removed the Aerosoft mega airport restarted all with the original Munich airport and then got the AFCAD for this loaded.
I then reinstalled the Mega Airport and whooopy it worked.
HenningR

Rainer

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 02:21:42 pm »
Hello Hennig,

congratulations!

I will try the same. May be it will work for me to.
Cheers Rainer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 08:56:42 am »
I removed the Aerosoft mega airport restarted all with the original Munich airport and then got the AFCAD for this loaded I then reinstalled the Mega Airport and whooopy it worked.

Then it's likely the Aerosoft .BGL file got corrupted in your first installation, which is why GSX correctly rejected it and reinstalling the scenery fixed it.

A way to troubleshoot these issues is to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings, and check the Couatl.LOG file that will be generated after you select the option to "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache", it will surely explain why a particular .BGL has been rejected.