Author Topic: GSX installation problem  (Read 2597 times)

P3D Pilot

GSX installation problem
« on: March 11, 2017, 12:15:56 pm »
Hi to all,
I really need help. When I wanted to install GSX for P3D V3 today, a error message appeared: "Internal error: An attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized"
If I select OK and next in the GSX setup the following message appears: "You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:
C:APP
or a UNC path in the form:
\\server\share

Please help me.
P3D is installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installation problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 10:27:46 am »
First, be sure you are running the installer from a real hard drive, not a networked one.

If that's not the case, it's possible your P3D registry entries are missing/invalid. Are you using the P3D Migration Tool ? If yes, disabled it, because it will confuse proper P3D installers, like our own.

P3D Pilot

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 08:47:50 pm »
Ok,
I didnĀ“t do anything excepted reinstalling and the problem is solved.
How are you progressing with the Push/Pull feature? ;)

aeroman320

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 05:59:12 pm »
I got the same problem I reinstall it but didn't solve the problem on fsx-se  the message say "You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:
\\server\share

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:23:58 pm »
I got the same problem I reinstall it but didn't solve the problem on fsx-se  the message say "You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:
\\server\share

I can only repeat my previous answer, with the only difference (compared to the OP) the wrong registry keys are the FSX:SE ones.

The most common cause of FSX:SE registry keys being wrong are:

- Having installed FSX:SE when FSX was installed, and then removing FSX without reinstalling FSX:SE, so FSX:SE is still running in "dual mode"

- Using a non-compatible 3rd party addon that require to tweak the FSX:SE registry keys in the wrong way to fool its non-compatible installer to install into it anyway.

This thread suggest a possible reason for that, and explains how the FSX:SE registry keys are supposed to be:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14608.msg107072.html#msg107072