Author Topic: Latest update version date?  (Read 2517 times)

crauds

Latest update version date?
« on: July 24, 2017, 12:28:00 pm »
Hi Umberto!

Just read your answer to my inquiry about possible compatible to VISTA 64.  When I went to the product menu at website it stated that Full installer was dated May 31st and update installer had no date.  Which is the latest June major update that you referred to?   And what if it doesn't work with VISTA?  Will I somehow be able to go back to my Dec update version that still works (but with some bugs)?

Craig
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:03:26 pm by virtuali »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest update version date?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »
it stated that Full installer was dated May 31st and update installer had no date.  Which is the latest June major update that you referred to?

Yes. The version on the site is always the latest one, you cannot download an outdated version from our site. The actual installer is probably even newer than that.

And what if it doesn't work with VISTA?  Will I somehow be able to go back to my Dec update version that still works (but with some bugs)

You will have to uninstall everything from FSDT, then reinstall everything, using all outdated installers and you won't ever be able to get any updates. If you are not sure you have outdated installers for everything, check first, because we don't have them available anymore.

I'm sorry, but you are submitting yourself to an entirely unnecessary troubles, just to continue to use an officially ( with "officially" I mean by Microsoft ) unsupported OS, when it could be so much easier to get rid of Vista, which is one of the most bugged version of Windows that was ever released.

And no, you don't have to upgrade any hardware. Any PC that can run Vista can run Windows 10 just as well.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:08:36 pm »
Thank you Umberto.  Thank you very much for your information and advice.  Right now I am going to try using VISTA since I do have December outdated installer.  I imagine, however, that I must be disconnected from internet if I need to re-install using it. Is that correct?

Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:40:00 pm »
Right now I am going to try using VISTA since I do have December outdated installer. 

From another user report, it seems the current version is still not compatible with Vista. So, you cannot use the current version and you can only use FSDT installers which were current at that time AND, if you know they work under Vista, install with the network disconnected too.