Author Topic: Longer Pause Than Expected  (Read 3851 times)

maximusjvan20

Longer Pause Than Expected
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:34:44 pm »
I am experiencing problems with the loading of all FSDT sceneries on approach into each respective airport that is causing a pause of over 45 seconds. I have been reading that there should be a pause for loading and I am trying to figure out a way how to reduce it down to less than 15 seconds. I have tried changing the antipopup setting with no luck whatsoever. I have also greatly reduced the rendering settings  I am running FSX:SE with an i7 4790, GTX 970 video card with DX10 enabled, and have 16GB of RAM total available (yes I know FSX can only use up to 4). When testing the other addons I have been using are PMDG 737, ORBX global and OpenLC NA, AS16/ASCA, and chaseplane. I have also included my fsx.cfg file. Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Longer Pause Than Expected
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:35:47 am »
I am experiencing problems with the loading of all FSDT sceneries on approach into each respective airport that is causing a pause of over 45 seconds. I have been reading that there should be a pause for loading and I am trying to figure out a way how to reduce it down to less than 15 seconds.

45 seconds is unheard of, but even 15 seconds is far higher than expected. Try to configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning, if you don't, the antivirus will scan each and every file the sim will try to open, and this might result in unusual slowdown.

maximusjvan20

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:48:15 pm »
My antivirus already had that setting but I deleted it and readded it just to make sure that it was working. It made no difference in the sim and still got the long pause on final approach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:44:24 pm »
Then I'm sorry, but nobody ever reported such a long pause. I'd say a maximum of 4-5 seconds is normal to load the whole scenery, perhaps even 10, but not more.

Are you sure you don't have *another* antivirus running ? Many users run with two antivirus at the same time, without realizing it, for example the Windows Defender + a 3rd party antivirus.

In this case, other than suggesting to stop using 2 antivirus, which is very bad for performances, if you still want to do that, you must exclude the FSX folder from scanning in all of them.

maximusjvan20

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 04:46:39 pm »
I'll double check everything since I only had windows defender running. Yea I don't know what happened that would cause it to increase the pause from 5 to over 45. I might go ahead and reinstall fsx to see if that helps.