Author Topic: Force pushback truck type and change stairs  (Read 5262 times)

fabristunt

Force pushback truck type and change stairs
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:18:45 am »
Hi there :)

Is there a way to force the pushback truck to one type only, or at least to avoid the smaller trucks with big planes? I don't like it when the small tow truck spawns when I'm in a 747. It feels odd. I'd like to have only the bigger trucks with this plane, but didn't find anything about in in the manual. It seems it's a random choice every time.

If there isn't, could it be considered for an update?

Being able to change it manually in the airplane config as we can do for the belt/ULD option would be great. Or maybe something automatic, that doesn't use the small tug for planes heavier than 100 tons or something like that.

On the same page, can something like that be added for the stairs in cargo aircraft too? I don't quite like the ladder that shows up and would like to revert to the stairs we have with passenger planes. Any chance to do that?

Regards,
Fabrizio

P.S.
While searching in this forum section, I found some stuff about a possible GSX Cargo version. Umberto mentioned it'd be a fully new version of GSX with freight dogs at its core, not a free update with partial cargo support. I for one would buy it right away. Any news on that? The topics were quite old...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Force pushback truck type and change stairs
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:44:02 pm »
I don't like it when the small tow truck spawns when I'm in a 747. It feels odd. I'd like to have only the bigger trucks with this plane, but didn't find anything about in in the manual. It seems it's a random choice every time.

The Pushback truck is not obviously chosen at random. It's chosen based on your airplane total weight so, the smaller truck will only appear if your airplane total weight is less than 175.000 lbs, which is precisely the maximum weight that small truck can push in real-world. Since a 747 empty weight is at least 330.000 lbs, it's not normally possible to see the small truck with such a large airplane.

However, there's a secondary parameter that drives the choice.

If your airplane parking radius (as specified in the scenery AFCAD) is smaller than 18 meters, the small Truck can be selected, even with larger planes, because GSX correctly assume the larger truck won't be able to maneuver in such a small parking. A 747 won't obviously fit there, so it shouldn't happen.

BUT, if your scenery has a parking that was supposed to fit a 747, but with the radius in the AFCAD wrongly set to be that small, you MIGHT see the Small truck, even on a 747.

Of course, you can override the Parking Radius in GSX. In this case, it won't be enough to set the "Max. Wingspan" value, which is only used to allow GSX to let you parking there, but you must change the Radius too, which drives the choice of the Pushback truck as well.

fabristunt

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 03:47:14 pm »
I'll try changing the radius. Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers,

Fabrizio

fabristunt

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:28:27 pm »
It worked, the radius did the trick. :D

What about the stairs? Is there a way to use normal stairs on cargo planes?  :-\

And GSX Cargo? Is it still planned? ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 12:35:24 pm »
What about the stairs? Is there a way to use normal stairs on cargo planes?

We updated GSX to not use passenger stairs on Cargo planes, following users suggestions that it was a problem with the previous version.

fabristunt

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 03:18:30 pm »
I know. Is there a way to undo that, or to make it optional? Not everyone likes them :)