Products Support > XPOI FSX/P3D

XPOI disappearing in P3D

<< < (2/5) > >>

JDLinn:
I was flying down the Columbia River broadcasting on Twitch and it happened. You can see it at the 1 hour and 14 second mark of this video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125900194 .  I stopped the broadcast and grabbed the log.  I changed the extension on it from "log" to "txt" to attach it here. Let me know if this is what you needed.

Doug

Update: A friend of mine made a 30 second "clip" of XPOI quitting, here's what it looked like: https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyElegantSpiderWTRuck

JDLinn:
Was the log helpful?  Should I send another one?

Doug

virtuali:

--- Quote from: JDLinn on March 07, 2017, 10:34:50 pm ---Was the log helpful?  Should I send another one?
--- End quote ---

Yes, the log shows Simconnect returned bogus data, as if it was corrupted somehow, this was the error:

exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #3

This one, instead, seems to be a very well known P3D bug of fake exceptions caused by OTHER products, leaking into the wrong client, given the user the wrong impression an addon is faulty, when in fact it's another one.

However, this bug is SUPPOSED to have been fixed in the latest Hotfix 3, have you installed it ?

JDLinn:
I see the Hotfix 3 ... getting it downloaded now. Thank you.  I saw that "error" and wondered about it ... now I know what to look for. Thank you so much. (and I do have NVIDIA 980 TI ... so updating driver too).

Doug

JDLinn:
OK, got the hotfix 3 "in" and working (I know its in because it wiped out my updated GPS500). So the fix is in. Flew for about an hour and XPOI quit. Sorry, I missed that log, I had fixed some things, went back to check them, they were ok, then realized I'd wiped out the log. So flew another flight and about 1/2 hour in, it quit again and I have that log it is attached (relabeled "txt" to send it).

Let me know what I need to do. I can keep doing this for you or try anything you like.  Happy to help.

Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version