Products Support > XPOI FSX/P3D

XPOI disappearing in P3D

(1/5) > >>

JDLinn:
Hi ... Often when I'm flying, XPOI just stops working and there is nothing about it in the drop down. The addon manager is still there. It doesn't crash or anything, it just disappears. Can't find anything in the events log. Any ideas?  I can reload the sim, and it is there and working fine.

Thank you
Doug

virtuali:
Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu and, if it happens again, exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file and, eventually, send it to me ( email is best ), to see if there's anything wrong with it.

JDLinn:
Hi ... I don't have GSX, Just XPOI ...  where can I find the troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu?

Doug

virtuali:

--- Quote from: JDLinn on March 02, 2017, 03:26:09 am ---Hi ... I don't have GSX, Just XPOI ...  where can I find the troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I assumed you had GSX, since it's quite a bit more popular than XPOI (pity, because it's XPOI is a nice little program). There's no user interface to enable logging if you have just XPOI, so you must enable it manually, this way:

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, run FSX and then exit after it finished loading. Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content.

JDLinn:
(No wonder you have 5 stars!) :-) 

Made it, pasted it, just ran P3D, and checked it, and there is a log there now. Wonderful!  So Now I'll do some flying and wait for it to crash, then grab that log and send it to you. Thank you, sir!

----OFF Topic - As a side note, we fly mostly "bush" planes and routes at Return to Misty Moorings (my web site). So not a huge need for GSX. But XPOI is almost BASIC to what we are doing ... since almost everything is VFR. I also fly on Twitch (mistymoorings) and flying the Alaska back country with XPOI is a real treat with XPOI because it lets people identify what they are seeing out the window. I was surprised to see you say that XPOI is not used much ... for anyone flying as we do, it is a MUST!!!  (And thank you for putting the GLACIERS in as a component).  I would hope others "discover" XPOI ... so much more fun than looking at a panel and a sky in front of you!

Doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version