Author Topic: Keep Losing Couatl  (Read 3262 times)

Monty1

Keep Losing Couatl
« on: February 28, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »
Default Scenery (Any)
Default aircraft (737-800)
FSX

Started a new flight but could not get any response from the keys (Ctrl+F12) to activate GSX menu.

Checked in the FSX headline menu and couldn't see any Couatl listed. Strange,  as it was there/working previously.

Uninstalled GSX completely.

Reinstalled Full setup and add-on manager.

Started new flight

First issues was the fuel truck would be requested, which would turn up and give me the option to choose the fuel requirement, which I did (25%) as it was only a short flight. It then just backed off back and then continued to it's parking space without fuelling the aircraft.

I then had an error message saying there is a problem with Coutl and a add-on, and did I want to restart Coutl, which I did. Not sure what the add-on problem was as I haven't added any add-on's.

Then the GSX activation keys (Ctrl + F12) would not work again.

I'm beginning to think this software is causing more problems than it's worth. I seem to spending more time fixing issues than using it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:13:21 pm by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Keep Losing Couatl
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »
I then had an error message saying there is a problem with Coutl and a add-on, and did I want to restart Coutl, which I did

The message didn't say just that. It also said you could check the error log and offered to open it. Check the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err file, to see the reason of the error so, we can tell you why it happened and how to fix it.

SirBismuth

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:00 am »
I get random Couatl crashes, I usually just restart the sim, not just Coautl (FSX), and all is well.  Will also check the logs if it happens again.

krouner

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:15:47 pm »
I, also, am getting random crashes mostly at KIAH. I have attached the Couatl.err file.

Thanks!
KRouner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »
I, also, am getting random crashes mostly at KIAH. I have attached the Couatl.err file.

According to your error log, the sim crashed on its own, for other reasons:

Connection with FSX lost (has it crashed?)

And it MADE Couatl crashing, because that's likely what will happen if the sim crashes abruptly, without a way to tell Couatl to quit cleanly.

Maybe you could find more about the crash in the Application log of the Windows Event Viewer.

krouner

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:47:56 pm »
I will look. Thanks for the info. One question, you stated the sim crashed? FSX was still running after couatl crashed and restarted. I am just making sure I was understanding you.

Thanks for all the help.

KRouner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:20 am »
I will look. Thanks for the info. One question, you stated the sim crashed? FSX was still running after couatl crashed and restarted. I am just making sure I was understanding you.

From the point of view of Couatl, it looked like the sim crashed, but what really happened, is that it stopped to communicate with it through Simconnect, for some reason.