Author Topic: Customize Pushback  (Read 2652 times)

Hanse

• Beta tester
Customize Pushback
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:24:11 am »
With JustSim EDDH there are currently some pushback problems e.g. positions and directions are not correct. So I wanted to use the GSX function in "Customize airport position" to solve this problem - but failed. I know how to use ADE and therefore tried to find the node as well as its coordinates using ADE. But there are a lot around Gate 4 (please see picture)

I used the coordinates for several of those nodes but unfortunately no one worked as required e.g. mostly the position as well as the direction was wrong. So I have to wait for JustSims update of EDDH.

I believe that the current function to customize pushback position and direction is not very practicable because the user has to use ADE to find the correct coordinates (required in decimals whereas the simulator only provides those data in minutes and seconds) and is not able define the direction. So why not offer the same functionality like in "Customize vehicle position" - by the way this is great - to define the exact position after pushback and direction of the plane?

Regards,
Rolf 

fabristunt

Re: Customize Pushback
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:12 am »
I too would like a more user-friendly solution to that ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:47:00 am »
So why not offer the same functionality like in "Customize vehicle position" - by the way this is great - to define the exact position after pushback and direction of the plane?

Yes, this is exactly what is planned for a future update. Possibly, with the ability to specify any location, without being constrained by an existing node of the AFCAD.

Hanse

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:48:02 pm »
Virtuali,

thanks for the positive answer. I think this issue becomes more important because pushback does not work right in connection with JustSim's new airport layout (like EDDH). They added a fairly complex new taxi scheme which prevents traffic (aircraft) to behave inappropriately e.g. twitch during a turn into the parking lot. But even that I know to work with ADE it is difficult to find in JustSim's design the right nodes (e.g. its coordinates) to be used for GSX.

In this connection I have a question: If I enter the coordinates e.g. the same values for a node on the taxiway into both fields e.g. Nose Right/Tail Left (LEFT) as well as in Nose Left/Tail Right (RIGHT) the pushback result in both cases is the same = Nose Left / Tail right. Please tell me then by what "attribute" this turn is defined and what to do that in one case the plane turns LEFT and in the other case RIGHT.

Regards,
Rolf