Author Topic: Boarding sound - latest update  (Read 2950 times)

LX2259

Boarding sound - latest update
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:34:56 pm »
Hi,

Since I installed the latest update (from Feb 17), I can hear the boarding sounds, even though I have set the minimum time (sec) to 0 and the Time per passenger also to 0.

I also tried to set it to something else, but the passenger boarding takes always the same time.
(tried it with the PMDG B772-200LR and -300ER).

Would be great if you could look into this.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding sound - latest update
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:03:43 pm »
Since I installed the latest update (from Feb 17), I can hear the boarding sounds, even though I have set the minimum time (sec) to 0 and the Time per passenger also to 0.

Nothing in the latest update has changed this. Try a small number, but NOT 0, because in order to prevent a mathematical divide by 0 error, it's likely the 0 has been ignored.

LX2259

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I just made a quick test with other time settings.

1. minimum time = 1s, time per passenger = 0.01s -> boarding sound played for about 5 minutes
2. minimum time = 0.01s, time per passenger = 0.01s -> same result (about 5 minutes)

the strange thing is, I had my settings set to 0s and 0s for about a year now, and boarding sounds were "disabled" like this. Only since I installed the latest update it doesn't work anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 01:40:29 pm »
the strange thing is, I had my settings set to 0s and 0s for about a year now, and boarding sounds were "disabled" like this. Only since I installed the latest update it doesn't work anymore.

Well, it is strange. In fact, it's strange it worked before...but we'll add a check that, if you set 0, it will specifically mean to disable the sounds.

LX2259

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 05:43:43 pm »
Ok, that sounds great :-) looking forward for this update.

cheers