Author Topic: addon manager says gsx activated but no couatl in fsx drop down add on manager  (Read 2753 times)

Jackflyer

I have been using GSX successfully for at least a couple of years -- yesterday when I loaded up FSX -- ctrl + F12  but no GSX
I located your forum to discover that many people have all sorts of problems with gsx and I see that there approx 228 posts re help on gsx!
Although I am a retired pensioner I do not have time to scan that amount of posts so I suspect my query will have been asked many times.
From what I have read so far and uninstall and reinstall could be a solution (with all anti virus software disabled)
Could you point me to a post that details the best way to uninstall and reinstall GSX addon Manager and Couatl
Also can you tell me how to get what is described as a 'full' installer?
Finally I found the following error message in the app data roaming virtuali couatl directory

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Thu Feb 23 14:16:14 2017
problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: Bad magic number in E:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\wx\__init__.pyc
Application aborted because of a Python error
{}
hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:42:24 pm by Jackflyer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Also can you tell me how to get what is described as a 'full' installer?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

"Full Installer" button, on the left side of the page.

Jackflyer

Thanks re full installer -- can anybody interpret the couatl error message?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Thanks re full installer -- can anybody interpret the couatl error message?

That message indicates you have a file version mismatch, like files coming from new/old versions of the programs installed together, which is not possible to have, if you installed with the current Full version of the installer.

If you have several FSDT products, either download their latest Full installer, or install GSX LAST.