Author Topic: GSX and Multi Crew Experience integration  (Read 2669 times)

FS++

GSX and Multi Crew Experience integration
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:26:59 pm »

Hi Unberto.

With latest changes you made to GSX regarding conditions that must be met before de-icing is possible, MCE can no longer guess when de-icing vehicles are likely to be available.
Previously it was just a matter of looking up the OAT temp.
I heard now it's considering precipitation, dew point and maybe other factors.

Would it be possible to output a new message to green bar, say something like "De-icing available" (or any message you see fit) that would indicate GSX will make de-icing available on request.

Thank you in advance.

Gerald

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Multi Crew Experience integration
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:16:51 am »
An additional message wouldn't make much sense, since users already know Deicing is available, since they got the request from the menu.

The easiest solution would be we would add an additional L: variable you could check, to know if deicing is available or, you can just do the same calculation we do, which is:

- Temperature must be below 8°C

AND

- Dew point must be within 2°C of Temperature (OR higher) OR It's raining/snowing

I'm going to add a custom variable anyway, which will appear in the next Live Update update, named:

FSDT_Deicing_Available

With a value of 1 or 0, depending on the result of the above calculation, I think it's much easier this way, and will continue to work even in case we'll ever change the logic, even slightly.

FS++

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:51 pm »
I'm going to add a custom variable anyway, which will appear in the next Live Update update, named:

FSDT_Deicing_Available

With a value of 1 or 0, depending on the result of the above calculation, I think it's much easier this way, and will continue to work even in case we'll ever change the logic, even slightly.

Yes, happy with that. Thank you

Re-installed GSX Feb 28, 2017 for FSX-Steam. Cannot find the new Lvar "FSDT_Deicing_Available" (after enumerating all of them)

I can see these though.

FSDT_GSX_DEBOARDING_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_GSX_CATERING_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_GSX_REFUELING_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_GSX_BOARDING_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_GSX_DEPARTURE_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_GSX_OPERATEJETWAYS_STATE=1.000000
FSDT_VAR_EnginesStopped=1.000000

When is the new one In?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:59:15 am »
Re-installed GSX Feb 28, 2017 for FSX-Steam. Cannot find the new Lvar "FSDT_Deicing_Available" (after enumerating all of them)

Because, as I've said:

which will appear in the next Live Update update

Which hasn't been released yet. This message was from Feb 20th, the last update dates Feb 17th, and there hasn't been any further updates since then. It's already working in our code, but we are doing lots of other changes, so we cannot publish a Live Update just now, but it won't be far longer.