Author Topic: Which P3D version with GSX  (Read 3818 times)

Drrick

Which P3D version with GSX
« on: February 21, 2017, 01:35:54 pm »
Hi simmers, hi Umberto!

I had severe problems after installing GSX newest version. After reading in the forums i am not sure what to do.
I decided to do a complete new install of P3D and all my addons on a new, very powerfull platform.

Please advice me how to do a proper and working installation of your product GSX. Can i use the newest version of P3D with the newest version of FSDT GSX? Are there any addons that are not compatible with GSX?
I will mainly use the FlightSimLabs A320x, ORBX base and Open LC Europe, Chaseplane and a lot of airports from different developers.

looking forward to your tips and advises

Rick

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:39:15 pm by Drrick »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Which P3D version with GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:48 pm »
Please advice me how to do a proper and working installation of your product GSX

Just install the latest installer, that's it. Of all users (and there were so many of them), who contacted me to have a Teamviewer session, that were all convinced their problem was caused or started with GSX, the ONLY real problem I could trace back to the GSX installer, was the issue of slow loading under FSX:SE and with OrbX sceneries installed, and that's it.

All other issues were always caused by something else entirely. The most common case was FSUIPC not fully supporting the latest P3D Hotfix, several usual antivirus issue, several problems with outdated Ezdok camera. Some users just got unlucky, and got a corrupted download of some files, because the server was too crowded for a few days.

But I don't think you'll have any issues now, since everything reported has been fixed, and the server seems to work normally now.

And, we are updating to a new server, based on Amazon cloud services, so it won't happen again.

Drrick

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
Thx Umberto for your time.
Is it wise to install GSX before ORBX, or do you recommend not to use ORBX sceneries at all? If so, what sceneries do you recommend ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:01:17 pm »
Is it wise to install GSX before ORBX, or do you recommend not to use ORBX sceneries at all? If so, what sceneries do you recommend ?

I don't anticipate any issue between GSX and OrbX sceneries. They might cause issues with some of our sceneries (SoCal + KLAS, for example), which can usually fixed by suggestions found on OrbX forum.

Drrick

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 12:31:23 pm »
Okay, gsx works fine now.
How can i adjust the system so it recognises the correct position for the stairs, vehicles and Jetways? It seems that, with the fsl A320X addon, that these positions are not correct. The fuel truck will park just underneath the fuselage....

happy easter!
cheers, Rick

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:11:26 pm »
How can i adjust the system so it recognises the correct position for the stairs, vehicles and Jetways? It seems that, with the fsl A320X addon, that these positions are not correct. The fuel truck will park just underneath the fuselage....

The default configuration that comes with GSX for the FS Labs A320 is surely correct for all the doors, which controls the placement of all stairs and vehicles.

As explained so many times on the forum, and of course on the manual, GSX configuration doesn't have ANY effect on jetways, since GSX doesn't have any control over them, unless on an airport that use SODE jetways.

The refuel point is not already pre-configured in GSX for FS Labs A320, but that's precisely the reason why GSX comes with an airplane configuration editor, so you can just edit its configuration for use in GSX.

Drrick

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »
roger that, i will read the manauls..... 😊😉

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk