Author Topic: P3D not opening after installing GSX  (Read 2457 times)

bachian

P3D not opening after installing GSX
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:52:17 pm »
Hello,

When I click to open P3D, after the splash screen it does not open the initial screen. When I look in the task manager, it still there, but not possible to see the UI.

It started to happen after I updated GSX. I thought it was a problem with the P3D itself and formated my pc, but after a clean install of everything, it happens again after I install the last version of GSX.

I've tried to reinstall the standalone addon manager. It works for the first time, but when I try to reopen P3D, all happens again, it disapears after the splash screen.

Please, I need help to solve this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D not opening after installing GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:06:36 pm »
It started to happen after I updated GSX. I thought it was a problem with the P3D itself and formated my pc, but after a clean install of everything, it happens again after I install the last version of GSX.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager, and it hasn't happened when you updated GSX. You think it did, because we released the update the day the P3D Hotfix 3 was released, and that problem was caused by an outdated FSUIPC that didn't support the Hotfix 3.

bachian

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:04:17 pm »

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager, and it hasn't happened when you updated GSX. You think it did, because we released the update the day the P3D Hotfix 3 was released, and that problem was caused by an outdated FSUIPC that didn't support the Hotfix 3.

Here is Peter Downson words:

"The change between 4.960 and 4.961 was a minor one, to put the OOMcheck into its own thread to prevent a small stutter every 10 seconds when Windows was asked to tot up the memory blocks. It was also announced to support P3D3.4.22 which was released the same day, though in fact 4.960 already was 3.4.22 ready."

I'm using version 4.961, witch is already compatible with P3Dv3.4.22 (hotfix 3). If it is related with FSUIPC, how it works after I reinstall the addon manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:45 pm »
Here is Peter Downson words

You omitted the part where he said he was still not sure to have fixed ALL crash on start problems:

Since I can't reproduce the problem, and nor can Thomas, I'd like volunteer user testers please, to try experiments and gather information on the resluts

And after posting that, he released TWO other versions after yours, 4.962 and 4.962a. Please try updating FSUIPC with this version.

If it is related with FSUIPC, how it works after I reinstall the addon manager?

When a module crashes, Windows sets a key in the registry, to "remember" it crashed, so it won't load again on the next start, and this was found by an user in the post immediately after the one you quoted:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/#comment-499167

The Addon Manager installer clears that flag automatically, that's why installing it seems to fix the problem, but of course, it won't fix the crash itself, it will only allow P3D to start again.