Author Topic: Suggestion - Markers for positioning marshaller in parking editor  (Read 3398 times)

Pirateinparadise

Hello Umberto,

First off, I want to thank you for being so receptive to suggestions. As a user, I really appreciate the fact that you listen to us. The last one I had was the fuel truck, but you beat me to it and were almost finished with it before I suggested it. You did a fantastic job with that, btw.

Whenever I get assigned to a gate where the marshaller is inside of the building, I edit the position to set the distance for him. In most cases, I have to guess the distance then exit the editor and then request parking services again to have him get redrawn in the new position. If I didn't get the distance correct, I have to re-edit and try again. It can be quite tricky to get him into a correct position sometimes.

My suggestion is to either put a mark on the ground in the editor where the marshaller's current position is (possibly with the actual distance shown next to it), or to put some sort of line with hash marks and distance numbers on the ground so we could tell what number to input into the distance field. That way we could see in the editor where he is standing, and see our changes immediately without exiting the editor.

Thank you for considering it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:57:43 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Suggestion - Markers for positioning marshaller in parking editor
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 08:43:04 pm »
Good idea. Same thing happens to me and this would take the guess work out of it.

Rustydog

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:51 am »
I third that request, it would make life a lot easier when Positioning marshaller.  :)
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:36:00 pm »
We'll add the ability to position both Docking Systems and the Marshaller in any parking, in a future update. It's already under development.

Rustydog

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 02:58:07 pm »
Thanks Umberto, great support as ever.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:24:56 am »
We'll add the ability to position both Docking Systems and the Marshaller in any parking, in a future update. It's already under development.

I must say that you guys are quite frustrating (in a good way)... :)

One of these days, I am going to come up with an idea that you like but haven't started working on yet.

Keep up the great work. I love the fact that even after creating a product that in it's current form enhances FSX so much that you and your team aren't just saying "we're satisfied" and leaving it the way that it is. As a user, I really appreciate that you continue to make enhancements. Thank you!
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:02:38 am »
One of these days, I am going to come up with an idea that you like but haven't started working on yet.

We already planned hundreds of updates, for the next years. It's just we have limited human resources, and fixing reported bugs always comes first, but everything will eventually come.