Author Topic: Installer installed empty JFK afcad files  (Read 3634 times)

p3dx3

Installer installed empty JFK afcad files
« on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:36 am »
Downloaded and ran as admin, the full GSX installer. I selected yes to download latest afcads. I have fsx and jfkv2, but it installed an empty afcad file

Attached the empty afcad file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer installed empty JFK afcad files
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 12:01:58 pm »
Downloaded and ran as admin, the full GSX installer. I selected yes to download latest afcads. I have fsx and jfkv2, but it installed an empty afcad file

That's likely due to server overloaded with too many users updating now, since I checked both mirrored servers, and the file there is correct, so it probably didn't complete the download because of a timeout.

Try again, there are two servers, chosen at random, and they shouldn't be always overcrowded at the same time.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 10:14:28 am »

That's likely due to server overloaded with too many users updating now, since I checked both mirrored servers, and the file there is correct, so it probably didn't complete the download because of a timeout.

Try again, there are two servers, chosen at random, and they shouldn't be always overcrowded at the same time.

I tried now and it did it again. I was watching the installer and I think it ran the "downloading afcad files" twice since now I have 2 backup kjfk_fsdt.bgl.bak files

KJFK_FSDT.BGL.07-02-2017 01-11-45.BAK

KJFK_FSDT.BGL.07-02-2017 01-11-49.BAK

The first one is my old afcad I used temporarily but the 2nd, and the kjfk_fsdt.bgl file are both 0 bytes in size again. I use Flight Simulator Steam Edition. Windows 10 Pro no anti virus programs running. I own all your sceneries and only happens to JFKv2. All other afcads update okay.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:16:50 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:49:38 am »
Found the problem!

It was the always tricky issue of Unix servers being case-sensitive, while Windows PC aren't, the file for the JFK V2 AFCAD somehow changed the name from .bgl to .BGL, which doesn't make any difference on the sim, but it is different when downloading.

It's fixed now.

Eisbahn

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 11:09:00 am »
Hi Umberto
I also have the problem with empty AFCADS at JFK. I have tried downloading the JFK installation files from your Website but my browser can not find the
Mediafire page. If I reinstall the new full GSX setup again, will I also have the correct AFCADS?
Thanks Eisbahn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:13:07 am »
If I reinstall the new full GSX setup again, will I also have the correct AFCADS?

Just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should be enough.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »
Found the problem!

It was the always tricky issue of Unix servers being case-sensitive, while Windows PC aren't, the file for the JFK V2 AFCAD somehow changed the name from .bgl to .BGL, which doesn't make any difference on the sim, but it is different when downloading.

It's fixed now.

thanks working here now. Small request in one of the next patches for gsx can you bring back the regular air stairs for cargo aircraft and remove the ladders?

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 05:56:38 pm »
If I reinstall the new full GSX setup again, will I also have the correct AFCADS?

Just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should be enough.

It d/l the 0kb afcad file again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 10:45:52 am »
Try it again.