Author Topic: Gsx no sound  (Read 9035 times)

pupo74

Gsx no sound
« on: July 30, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »
Hi, after last update, no sound on gsx, why? Update correctly installed and I've also provided to reinstall the last product complete version from the site. Still no sound of gsx. Any help? Thx

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx no sound
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 02:29:34 pm »
Check if the correct sound device is selected in the GSX Sound settings.

fruitycocktail

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 06:15:02 pm »
Hi umberto

I'm having a similar problem.  It's playing sound through my sound card device not my headset.  and my headset device isn't showing in the list on the gsx settings.  Even though its there on p3d and my desktop settings.

This has happened since I created a new p3d.cfg file.

Any help appreciated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 12:35:36 pm »
I'm having a similar problem.  It's playing sound through my sound card device not my headset.  and my headset device isn't showing in the list on the gsx settings.  Even though its there on p3d and my desktop settings.

Try after a Windows restart.

If your audio device is still not there, then it's possible it might not support OpenAL, which is the standard audio library we use in GSX (used in hundreds of other PC games).

In that case, unless there are updated/better audio drivers that DO support OpenAL on that device, there's really nothing else you can do, other than using another device.

Peter Lund

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:47:18 pm »
Unfortunately I got the same problem after switching to P3D.

I run P3D on the same computer that I used for FSX where I had no problems. When I go into the sound setting and select my headset the sounds are there, but very low.
When returning to the speakers they are gone again.

I noticed today when I used the catering vehicles that the sound came from a Cessna, but beside that silence.

Best regards

Peter Lund

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 10:34:19 pm »
When I go into the sound setting and select my headset the sounds are there, but very low. When returning to the speakers they are gone again.

I'm not sure GSX can handle switching of a sound device without restarting. We probably never tested it this way.

cgentil

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 11:28:06 pm »
Well I got same problem.

Randomly GSX cuts off sound, I go into settings and see <no audio> and no audio devices but if I restart Couatl I get all audio devices and sound normally, but it can randomly appear <no audio>, it happens almost all time and I have to restart Couatl to get sound working.

Only happening since last update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 11:05:36 am »
Only happening since last update.

Nothing in the last update every has the slightest relationship with the sound handling, which has been the same for years. The only possible explanation, is that something in your audio drivers or setting has changed in the meantime.

Namely, the way your audio device supports OpenAL, which is the sound standard used by GSX (since it was released).

Peter Lund

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 10:22:49 am »
Guys,
I managed to solve the problem at my end.

I went into GSX Settings in P3D and in Audio. Ticked the "Restart Couatl and repeat audio diagnostics checks" and click apply.
Couatl updated it restarted and once complete I had a third (new) device option that I selected and it works now.

Best regards

Peter Lund

cgentil

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:33 pm »
Guys,
I managed to solve the problem at my end.

I went into GSX Settings in P3D and in Audio. Ticked the "Restart Couatl and repeat audio diagnostics checks" and click apply.
Couatl updated it restarted and once complete I had a third (new) device option that I selected and it works now.

Best regards

Peter Lund
I can't select "Restart Couatl and repeat audio diagnostics checks".