Author Topic: GSX Menu Not Showing.  (Read 2562 times)

FlightTube

GSX Menu Not Showing.
« on: February 09, 2017, 05:53:24 pm »
Hey guys,

When I press CONTROL + SHIFT + F12 or CONTROL + F12 the GSX Menu does not show. I have only found 1 other post about this issue and it seemed that the solution was the compleatly reinstall P3D.. I thought that, it seemed abit over the top and was wondering if there was another way I could fix this.

Thanks in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu Not Showing.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 06:38:28 pm »
I have only found 1 other post about this issue and it seemed that the solution was the compleatly reinstall P3D..

There are so many threads about this, that it's even difficult to count. NONE of them, of course, ever suggested to "completely reinstall P3D". In all the countless replies (two JUST this afternoon):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15033.msg109841.html#msg109841
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15125.msg109986.html#msg109986

The solution it's always the same:

- Uninstall the P3D Client

- Download either the P3D Content file or the P3D Full installer.

- Install the Content, then reinstall the Client or, if you downloaded the Full installer, just the Full installer.

None these steps require to "compleatly reinstall P3D", and they won't affect the installation in any way. And of course, as explained in all the other threads about this, it's not a GSX problem, what you see is the STANDARD Simconnect menu, which has been UPDATED at some point, but LM hasn't included the updated files in the Client installer, only in the Content installer or the Full installer so, if you don't install either of these, NO MENU, from ANY 3rd party application that is supposed to have one, like SODE, FS Passengers, etc, will work.

FlightTube

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:27:47 pm »
But if I am reinstalling the P3D content, will that not wipe all of my scenery and planes? Thats what I heard at least...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:09 pm »
But if I am reinstalling the P3D content, will that not wipe all of my scenery and planes? Thats what I heard at least...

Surely not, it will just install the latest version of the default scenery, but it won't change your installed products, unless you have products that changes the default textures, in that case you might have to reinstall them.