Author Topic: Terrain problem **SOLVED**  (Read 3405 times)

Johnathan Pata

Terrain problem **SOLVED**
« on: February 09, 2017, 01:35:44 am »
Hey Guys,

I just updated my addon manager and this happened, I am not sure how to explain it. I am using windows 7 if that helps.

thank you for the help
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:19:08 pm by virtuali »
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terrain problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
I just updated my addon manager and this happened, I am not sure how to explain it. I am using windows 7 if that helps.

Tt's possible you NOTICED after updating the Addon Manager, but just because you might have decided to check an FSDT airport after the update, but the problem was already there, and it doesn't have anything to do with KLAS.

The problem in your screenshot doesn't have ANYTHING to do with FSDT, the Addon Manager or the scenery. It's caused by ANOTHER scenery in conflict, most likely something from OrbX, which has set a wrong altitude to the mesh.

And of course, if you simply had a look at the forum, before posting saying the "Addon Manager did this", you would have found another post, just below this one, aptly named "Orbx South California conflicting with KLAS ? **SOLVED**, which is ONE YEAR OLD (so there goes your theory "the Addon Manager did this"), and describes exactly your problem, the airport being lower than the rest of the terrain:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13085.msg103320.html#msg103320

The thread ended with:

I was able to fix the problem via the ORBX fix.  What I hadn't known was that the "patch" fix that I had put into scenery some time ago had been removed somehow.  Possibly by the product itself when changing regions.  All of the other fixes had remained which is what had me so confused.  I had already done everything and it had worked.