Author Topic: problem raised by engine or unspecified addon **SOLVED**  (Read 8599 times)

Gary

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon **SOLVED**
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:43:37 am »
I have scoured the forrum for an answer but so far no help for the messages below.

My question: How can I get an OLDER GSX file that would run before the update. Any help is appreciated.

Gary

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:09:00 pm by virtuali »
Gary
Retired ATC, corporate pilot, & all around good guy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is broken... really
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:51:02 am »
I have scoured the forrum for an answer but so far no help for the messages below.

There's a thread named "Couati crashing over update **SOLVED**" which shows exactly the same error and how the user said he fixed it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15101.0.html

Gary

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I followed that thread as well. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (setup_addonmanagerX.exe  37,103kb.) with no change. Any other ideas? Can you attach the latest set_up that works? I would appreciate it!

Gary
Gary

Monty1

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I followed that thread as well. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager (setup_addonmanagerX.exe  37,103kb.) with no change. Any other ideas? Can you attach the latest set_up that works? I would appreciate it!

Gary

Hi Gary

You have probably tried this, but in case you haven't, this worked for me

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15106.0.html
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Gary

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:30:23 am »
Hi Monty1,
I gave it a shot but still GSX gives the crash advisory. After scanning the boards there are alot of simmers with this same problem. It, GSX, works great on the runway, but as I taxi close to my gate it crashes. Oh well, what can you do! Thanks for the effort.

Umberto,
I again respectfully ask that you send me the first full working installer before the big update,  Please!

Gary
Gary

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »
It, GSX, works great on the runway, but as I taxi close to my gate it crashes. Oh well, what can you do! Thanks for the effort.

Please clarify what do you mean with crash ? A message with an error that ask you to open the error log ? If yes, what the error log says ? If not, which kind of crash is ?

Gary

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 08:52:55 am »
<<Please clarify what do you mean with crash ? A message with an error that ask you to open the error log ?>>

If you will glance at the original post you will see answers to both of your questions.However I will attach both again.What I mean when I say crash is that I will be on a runway and GSX runs fine. I will then ask GSX to warp me to a parking  spot. Any airport or gate will then show the following. The crash log is also attached. I have reinstalled AAM/GSX many many times.

I have teamviiewer installed and ready to go.
Gary

on4cas

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 10:09:05 am »
I am experiencing the same problems... I also tried the http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15106.0.html tip but to no avail. No matter what airport the plane is located, the error messages (the same as mentioned by the other customer) keep coming and coming.

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sun Feb 12 10:45:00 2017
problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'EBBR', 'User Pos': (50.899839225364495, 4.484687190853525, 58.4897 m, 2.40674 m, 154.97022720627055)}
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 10:48:25 am by on4cas »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 11:02:48 am »
I have teamviiewer installed and ready to go.

I'll contact you, because we never been able to replicate this specific error yet.

Gary

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 11:25:35 am »
Okay, I'll wait to hear from you.
Gary

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 02:07:26 pm »
I just ended my Teamviewer session with Gary and, as expected, the problem was not caused by GSX or was a GSX bug. The issue was the known problem of the FSX.CFG file missing several default paths for Simobjects, that are always supposed to be there, otherwise hundreds of objects in the default scenery will miss, not just GSX.

The missing SimobjectPaths lines are either caused by having edited the FSX.CFG file by hand, or by some defective installer of another product we still haven't been able to identify.

In any case, these are the lines that are supposed to be present on a freshly installed FSX in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

If you are missing any of these lines (especially the Misc folder), no FSDT product will work, and you'll also miss hundreds of default objects. If you have other products that comes with their own paths, like SODE or other products, you'll see their lines too, so be sure they are all numbered in sequence, with no "holes", like this example, with SODE and Aerosoft Split:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:09:51 pm by virtuali »

on4cas

Re: problem raised by engine or unspecified addon **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 05:41:49 pm »
Thanks so much for the solution to my problem.
For some mysterious reason the '"SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc" did not appear in my fsx.cfg
I added the line and GSX is working perfectly now. Once again, many thanks for the support from a pleased customer.