Author Topic: Pushback with PMDG 747 not working at all  (Read 3324 times)

airbadger

Pushback with PMDG 747 not working at all
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:34:53 pm »
Hi,

GSX with the PMDG 747 has been hit or miss for me, mostly miss. Sometimes it works but mostly when I go to the GSX menu and ask to prepare for pushback, I get text in the upper left-hand corner saying "Departure requested..." and then nothing happens. The tug shows up in the usual spot but the whole process just stops right there. Any thoughts?

Edit: forgot to add I'm on Prepar3d 3.4, latest GSX and add-on manager.

Alex

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback with PMDG 747 not working at all
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:55:56 pm »
Which version of the PMDG 747 ?

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:09:40 pm »
Which version of the PMDG 747 ?

The one just released for Prepar3d, QOTSII.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 02:16:55 pm »

Then be sure you have installed the latest GSX, including the current Live Updates (which are applied either when installing, or when notified in the sim), because the airplane is surely supported.

I tried it just now, and it works normally.

Some other thing you should check, is if you have the Verbosity switch slider in the GSX Settings all the way down. With this setting, which is not default, GSX won't tell you anything so, maybe there's a reason why you cannot start pushback, and GSX would have told you, but you don't see the message because you turned down all the messages with the Verbosity slider.

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 01:01:14 am »

Then be sure you have installed the latest GSX, including the current Live Updates (which are applied either when installing, or when notified in the sim), because the airplane is surely supported.

I tried it just now, and it works normally.

Some other thing you should check, is if you have the Verbosity switch slider in the GSX Settings all the way down. With this setting, which is not default, GSX won't tell you anything so, maybe there's a reason why you cannot start pushback, and GSX would have told you, but you don't see the message because you turned down all the messages with the Verbosity slider.

So I've made sure I'm on the current Live Update and the Verbosity is at the default position. I still get this glitch, but by restarting Couatl that seems to fix it.