Author Topic: Longer FSX-SE startup time with couatl & addon manager enabled.  (Read 3961 times)

viperxbr

Longer FSX-SE startup time with couatl & addon manager enabled.
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:16:23 pm »
Greetings,

Is there a way I can get some logs(debugging) generated by both the couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll files at startup?  There's a significant startup time increase when both of these files are enabled in my FSX-SE setup.  I noticed the time difference when I removed all your products after experiencing the errors over the weekend.  Now, since re-installing some of your scenery, the startup time has increased significantly.

Initial startup time to Free Flight screen:

Without couatl & bglmanx:  0:49
With couatl & bglmanx:  2:15

Looking at the numbers, it doesn't look like much but when you're waiting for it, it seems too long.  That's a 1.5x increase in startup time.  I'm thinking it may be timing out on something and would help if I can generate some startup logs.  It also caused my EZCA(EZdok) executable(started in exe.xml) to timeout which I worked around by moving it to startup using FSUIPC.

System Specs:
Intel i7 2600k OC 4.9GHz
XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling
Sabertooth P67 MB
16GB RAM
ASUS Strix OC GTX1070 8GB
2x Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD
1TB WD Black HD
Corsair 1200AX PS.

Something is amiss.

Thanks,
Todd.
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Longer FSX-SE startup time with couatl & addon manager enabled.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:06 am »
Already discussed and answered, with a solution, in the thread named:

"FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15076.msg109862.html#msg109862

viperxbr

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 05:07:46 am »
Unfortunately that solution is not applicable here.  I have no anti-virus installed and Defender is completely disabled on my FS PC.  As well as the firewall service is also not running.  This is done all to reduce any issues.

I don't browse the internet or run any questionable apps on my FS PC.  All of that is done on my secondary PC which is protected by avast.

Startup time is still around 2:13.  Disable couatl and bglmanx, startup time goes down to just shy of 0:50.
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 06:16:17 am »
Unfortunately that solution is not applicable here.  I have no anti-virus installed and Defender is completely disabled on my FS PC.  As well as the firewall service is also not running.  This is done all to reduce any issues.

I don't browse the internet or run any questionable apps on my FS PC.  All of that is done on my secondary PC which is protected by avast.

Startup time is still around 2:13.  Disable couatl and bglmanx, startup time goes down to just shy of 0:50.

I also use FSX Steam. I found that if you have a previous version of GSX then all will be normal before this issue. Another work around is to open fsx directly and not via right clicking steam ico and selecting FSX.
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:57:38 am »

That's because you still haven't applied the update, as explained in the thread named ""FSX-SE taking longer to start with GSX installed **SOLVED**"
"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:41 am »
I also use FSX Steam. I found that if you have a previous version of GSX then all will be normal before this issue. Another work around is to open fsx directly and not via right clicking steam ico and selecting FSX.

No, the solution is to use the CURRENT version, which has fixed this issue, as confirmed by all that posted in the relevant thread: