Author Topic: bglmanx.dll crashing P3D on startup **SOLVED**  (Read 3009 times)

zk

bglmanx.dll crashing P3D on startup **SOLVED**
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:47:43 pm »
This morning I decided to update my addon-manager and after doing so the P3D refused to start, crashing shortly after launching the application.  My appcrash viewer displayed the "MSVCR120.dll" so i figured it must be a dll problem somewhere in one of the dll.xml files.  I rebuilt my dll.xml file from scratch (in both locations) and added them back one by one checking to see if P3D would start in-between each edit.  As soon as I added the bglmanx.dll to the xml file (see below) P3D immediately crashed on startup.  Not sure how to correct the problem. I have the most recent update for the addon-manager so I re-downloading/reinstalling will likely not solve my problem.  Any help will be appreciated.

This is the dll line of code that caused the problem:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

This is my current setup:

Origin PC running Windows 10pro (i7-6700K CUP @4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX980Ti)

P3D V3.4.22.19868

Let me know if you need any additional information to help me problem solve.  thanks so much!

ZK

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:32:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll crashing P3D on startup
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:58:25 pm »
See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15138.msg110065.html#msg110065

Just try again, you might have got a bad download, for the heavy traffic on the server.

zk

Re: bglmanx.dll crashing P3D on startup
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:59:59 pm »
Tried over and over without any luck. But each time I did it, I noticed the files were taking unusually long to download and install. So after reading your reply, I tried again. This time the files downloaded and installed quickly (like usual).  And  now everything seems to be ok.....thank goodness!  My life is now complete agin.......thanks for your help.