Author Topic: My FSX - GSX experience gone wrong  (Read 3598 times)

williamburgess

My FSX - GSX experience gone wrong
« on: February 06, 2017, 11:06:09 am »
I am writing this long drawn out step by step procedure in order to get FSDT , Virtuali and all the other affiliates to realize…
1- If you claim windows is the problem, which may be true. That would be from your “Major Upgrade of 1.9.11.
I purchased this (GSX) in December with several add-on scenery programs (5 to be exact). Everything was working perfectly until the email and the add on manager said an update is available which constantly reminded me that I need to update to 1.9.11 by going to the website, then the forum and select the update, which I did. Now for the pass 3 days nothing is working…. so this is a breakdown of what is happening…
Step 1 - launch windows
Error Message reads- flightsimulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add on)
File Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library   
Version: 3.1.0.1
Company: Virtuali sagl
File:bglmanx.dll
Do you want to run this software (Not recommended)
Step 2- If you select yes, FSX crashes and you have to restart
Step 3- Same as step 1 but this time select No!
Step 4- FSX loads as advertised…. (OK, that’s a good thing)
Step 4- FSX loads and now I’m sitting behind the flight yoke in the pilot’s seat….(OK, another hurray!)
Step 5- Navigate up to the add on tab and guess what I don’t see….
      I have in my add on tab… EZdok Camera (still working), SODE 1.4.2 and FSUIPC…that’s it!
Step 6- Go to the upper tab again and select world then go to airports…
      NONE! Repeat none of my paid airport scenery files are working correctly. All buildings are missing, the airfields has no markings (taxi ways, runways etc…),the video Marshaller does not work. The only thing working or visible are the other aircraft's and the gates…that’s it!
This is tied into GSX and nothing else. If I go to a FSX default airport everything works like it’s should…buildings, taxi ways, runways etc…. but of course no ground services (GSX)…
Step 7- close everything down and check the forum for feedback, a fix etc..
Tried all that you have suggested through the forum….still No-Go!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My FSX - GSX experience gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:54 am »
No use repeating again what has been already explained several times, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15080.msg109630.html#msg109630

This, if you want to know something about the cause. If you want to have a chance to get fixed, if you still have this, please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

Driver8

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:26:03 am »
Error Message reads- flightsimulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add on)

...And this is likely because WINDOWS, having seen some crash it somehow decided was The Worst Thing Ever, decided that you must not really want to risk that ever happening again and decided to not allow that particular add-on to run again....

Nice of it eh?  (FYI when I had it, it wasn't Couatl, it was ActiveSky it decided to do that to...)

IF this is what I had happen to me, the only way I was able to find to fix it was to edit the Windows Registry.....  IF I remember right, I had to open regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> AppCompatFlags -> Layers, and then delete the entry that had the program in it, which I would think in your case is probably Couatl.exe.

In my particular case, when it did that to me, it involved a crash of Active Sky that apparently happened when I EXITED the sim, ie, I never even knew anything happened until I started FSX the next time and got that stupid "3rd Party" error......  Surprise!! :)  Took some hours of figuring out what was happening, searching the registry and finally hitting the internet to find out why Windows had done that before I was able to get it all working again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:33:48 pm »
...And this is likely because WINDOWS, having seen some crash it somehow decided was The Worst Thing Ever, decided that you must not really want to risk that ever happening again and decided to not allow that particular add-on to run again....

Nice of it eh?  (FYI when I had it, it wasn't Couatl, it was ActiveSky it decided to do that to...)

IF this is what I had happen to me, the only way I was able to find to fix it was to edit the Windows Registry.....  IF I remember right, I had to open regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> AppCompatFlags -> Layers, and then delete the entry that had the program in it, which I would think in your case is probably Couatl.exe.

Yes, the infamous "ignorefreelibrary" setting in the registry, which affects tons of software, not just flight-sim related. In our case it would be bglmanx.dll but, as you witnessed, it can affect every FSX addon, each time it crashed for some reason.

Our installers reset that flag automatically when they start so, sometimes it might be enough reinstalling to clear it, since it's an obscure location in the registry not many are aware of. SODE has a specific option to clear it in the Platform Manager, and it's probably the most annoying Windows feature we face today.