Author Topic: GSX & Couatl errors on P3D 3.4.14  (Read 6990 times)

sumits81

GSX & Couatl errors on P3D 3.4.14
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:08:37 am »
Hi Umberto & Co.,

As mentioned by many others in other threads, I too have problems after updating to the latest version of GSX and running the addon manager update. Nature of problems I have is:

1) P3D fails to launch; runs in the background until I manually kill the process
2) When I disable couatl and bglman from the xml file, P3D seems to launch OK but cannot use GSX or use FSDT airports
3) Re-installing and re-enabling GSX+addon manager enables P3D to launch OK once but fails again after shutting down and restarting.

As suggested by yourself and others, I have deleted the (empty) XPOI folder but that hasn't made a diff at all.

I understand you keep saying 'this shouldn't happen' but can you clarify how your internal tests were performed and what addons you had on your testbed?

Thanks

sumits81

Re: GSX & Couatl errors on P3D 3.4.14
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:13:44 am »
To add to this- I've also had an instance where P3D launched OK once but when pushing back using GSX, couatl crashed causing the pushback to stop half way thru. Also note this error causes the 'addons' menu options to freeze and not respond at all.

When couatl bummed out during pushback I could see the tow truck still attached to the nose gear and the engineer moonwalking but the pushback had clearly stopped.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:39:53 am »
As mentioned by many others in other threads, I too have problems after updating to the latest version of GSX and running the addon manager update.

And as replied in many other threads, I asked to to contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

I see you have contacted me, and I replied so, no use continuing here.

sumits81

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:58:56 am »
I'll try and organise something for later today. In the meantime, can you list the addons your team uses when carrying out pre-rollout tests please?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:02:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:34 pm »
I'll try and organise something for later today. In the meantime, can you list the addons your team uses when carrying out pre-rollout tests please?

SODE, PMDG, Aerosoft and RAAS Pro.

FSUIPC has been confirmed having a problem resulting in P3D hanging on start, like you just described, and I confirmed it in a Teamviewer session I had last night.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/

Have you tried disabling it ?

sumits81

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:10:59 pm »
I have but it takes everything else connected to it down too. Defeats the purpose really.

Not sure if you've seen or seen reports from others- re-installing GSX or the addon manager enables P3D to load up a couple of times after which it starts failing again.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:12:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 12:15:52 pm »
I have but it takes everything else connected to it down too. Defeats the purpose really.

I fail to see how this could have anything to do with GSX, since we do not use FSUIPC. Again, have you TRIED disabling it ? At least you would KNOWN what the problem is.

Not sure if you've seen or seen reports from others- re-installing GSX or the addon manager enables P3D to load up a couple of times after which it starts failing again.

I'm sorry but, unless I can see it, and the only way I can see it is by having a Teamviewer session. And all the sessions I had so far, it turned out the problem wasn't anything related to GSX. I guess we'll see what's the problem in your case.

almostatys

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 12:53:24 pm »
Hi Umberto & Co.,

As mentioned by many others in other threads, I too have problems after updating to the latest version of GSX and running the addon manager update. Nature of problems I have is:

1) P3D fails to launch; runs in the background until I manually kill the process
2) When I disable couatl and bglman from the xml file, P3D seems to launch OK but cannot use GSX or use FSDT airports
3) Re-installing and re-enabling GSX+addon manager enables P3D to launch OK once but fails again after shutting down and restarting.

As suggested by yourself and others, I have deleted the (empty) XPOI folder but that hasn't made a diff at all.

I understand you keep saying 'this shouldn't happen' but can you clarify how your internal tests were performed and what addons you had on your testbed?

Thanks

Sorry again, but I have very similar problem like sumits81, but I have KMEM and GSX working now, but no others. I have deleted empty XPOI folder, but it hasn't solved problem. P3D fails to launch, runs in the background if I start it from Desktop with shortcut. If I start it from P3D root folder, P3D seems to launch OK but cannot use FSDT airports , exc. KMEM and GSX. If I uninstall Addon Manager and example CYVR, and after reinstall CYVR or other older airports, I have working all others well, but no working KMEM and GSX. Who understand this?
I have deleted FSUIPC, and I have updated P3D 3.4 hotfix v3 Client only.
Sorry for my English!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:55:17 pm by almostatys »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 12:55:37 pm »
P3D fails to launch, runs in the background if I start it from Desktop with shortcut.

This looks exactly like the problem I experienced with another user on Teamviewer, and it's caused by FSUIPC (which is not fully compatible with P3D Hotfix 3 ) and this has been acknowledged by Pete Dowson, a discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15070.msg109639.html#msg109639

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82771-p3d-crash-on-startup-or-on-exit-with-fsuipc-enabled/

Also, check the settings of your shortcut, maybe you set a Compatibility mode there, which shouldn't be set ?

sumits81

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:40 pm »

SODE, PMDG, Aerosoft and RAAS Pro.

Out of interest, are you (FSDT) able to get FSUIPC yourselves and test it on your systems? I'm sure this will avoid you having to use Teamviewer for all users having issues.

almostatys

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 03:41:54 pm »
Okay I uninstalled all FSDT and Flightbeam products, I have deleted FSDT, Flightbeam, Virtuali folders and registry! I reinstall all now! I start with KMEM, next is GSX, then CYVR and I write for you Umberto what happen.

almostatys

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 06:20:00 pm »
Okay I uninstalled all FSDT and Flightbeam products, I have deleted FSDT, Flightbeam, Virtuali folders and registry! I reinstall all now! I start with KMEM, next is GSX, then CYVR and I write for you Umberto what happen.

Ok guys, I solved problem. I uninstalled and deleted all FSDT, Flightbeam airport and folder and GSX and Addon Manager. I deleted all Virtuali folder and registry, and reinstalled everything. I installed KMEM, GSX, KORD, KSFO, CYVR and working all. Now is coming others. :-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:21:48 pm by almostatys »

almostatys

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 06:59:03 pm »

Ok guys, I solved problem. I uninstalled and deleted all FSDT, Flightbeam airport and folder and GSX and Addon Manager. I deleted all Virtuali folder and registry, and reinstalled everything. I installed KMEM, GSX, KORD, KSFO, CYVR and working all. Now is coming others. :-)

Okay, here is the first problem. I have installed KMEM, GSX, CYVR, KSFO, KORD these working fine! After I installed KDFW and loaded airport that was ok, but after I loaded KMEM again, I got a couatl error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 07:03:35 pm »
Okay, here is the first problem. I have installed KMEM, GSX, CYVR, KSFO, KORD these working fine! After I installed KDFW and loaded airport that was ok, but after I loaded KMEM again, I got a couatl error.

Do you use Ezdok camera maybe ? I think you should really contact me to have a TM session.

almostatys

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 07:29:09 pm »

Do you use Ezdok camera maybe ? I think you should really contact me to have a TM session.

Yes, I have EZDOK, but that is working and worked fine, before updated GSX and KMEM. Okay, but i don't know what is Teamviewer and how can I use it.