Author Topic: FIX FOR COUATL SCRIPT ERRORS AFTER THE MOST RECENT ADDON MANAGER UPDATE!!!!  (Read 4462 times)

ahsmatt7

Hello,

CREDIT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS FIX IN A PREVIOUS POST! ITS NOT OF MY OWN WORK! I figured I would start a new thread.

I was reinstalling flightbeams KIAD scenery yesterday and after I did that, I would encounter a couatl "unrecoverable" error. It said it was a script error.

This error would show up every time I loaded up a flight in P3d v3.4 HF2. It rendered all FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries useless as well as GSX.

I noticed that XPOI trial period would start even though I have never installed XPOI.

Here is the fix:

BACK UP FOLDERS FIRST!!!!

Go to your main FSX or P3D directory and find the Fsdreamteam folder. Delete XPOI folder. Start up the sim and it should work. It did for me at least. All FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries work now as they did before.
If you notice that there are any scenery folders in your Fsdreamteam folder that you don't actually have installed on your computer. It may be advantageous to delete those as well. I dont know becasue I didnt have any extra scenery folders in my Fsdreamteam folder.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:24:04 pm by ahsmatt7 »

sumits81

Hello,

CREDIT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS FIX IN A PREVIOUS POST! ITS NOT OF MY OWN WORK! I figured I would start a new thread.

I was reinstalling flightbeams KIAD scenery yesterday and after I did that, I would encounter a couatl "unrecoverable" error. It said it was a script error.

This error would show up every time I loaded up a flight in P3d v3.4 HF2. It rendered all FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries useless as well as GSX.

I noticed that XPOI trial period would start even though I have never installed XPOI.

Here is the fix:

BACK UP FOLDERS FIRST!!!!

Go to your main FSX or P3D directory and find the Fsdreamteam folder. Delete XPOI folder. Start up the sim and it should work. It did for me at least. All FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries work now as they did before.
If you notice that there are any scenery folders in your Fsdreamteam folder that you don't actually have installed on your computer. It may be advantageous to delete those as well. I dont know becasue I didnt have any extra scenery folders in my Fsdreamteam folder.

My xpoi folder is empty? Was yours empty too?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
CREDIT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS FIX IN A PREVIOUS POST! ITS NOT OF MY OWN WORK!

The problem has been already discussed and answered by FSDT here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15020.msg109299.html#msg109299

It seems you had installed XPOI at some time, then you might have removed it not using its uninstaller, so the program tried to update it, but its objects are not there anymore.

If you want to use XPOI, install it. If you don't want to use it anymore, remove the XPOI folder from the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ folder.

ahsmatt7

CREDIT GOES TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS FIX IN A PREVIOUS POST! ITS NOT OF MY OWN WORK!

The problem has been already discussed and answered by FSDT here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15020.msg109299.html#msg109299

It seems you had installed XPOI at some time, then you might have removed it not using its uninstaller, so the program tried to update it, but its objects are not there anymore.

If you want to use XPOI, install it. If you don't want to use it anymore, remove the XPOI folder from the FSXfsdreamteamCouatl folder.
I never installed XPOI at any point in my simming days. Not is FSX or P3D.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

As I've said in my previous message, remove the XPOI folder from the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ folder anyway.

ahsmatt7

As I've said in my previous message, remove the XPOI folder from the FSXfsdreamteamCouatl folder anyway.
did that already. I was trying to tell others that doing this fixes the problem.

The question is, why on earth was that folder created from an addon manager update?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The question is, why on earth was that folder created from an addon manager update?

It shouldn't have. I start to suspect there's a bug in the installer program (not the one we wrote, the one we use to create the installer, which is Innosetup), which seem to ignore a command to install/update certain files only if another file exists.

With the previous version of the installer, we used to check the folder, but this caused some problems if an user had an empty folder so, in order to FIX this (go figure), we changed to check if actual *files* from XPOI (or any other module that might need to be updated) were installed IN that folder but, looking from reports, and assuming all these users never had XPOI installer before, I can only conclude it's a bug of the installer program, which doesn't report correctly if a file exists or not IN a folder, while it USED to work to check for just the folder itself...

I guess we'll go back to the previous check of just the folder, as it used to be.