Author Topic: No deicing option after latest addon manager update ver X7 **SOLVED**  (Read 2831 times)

don4444

Hi all

Just wanted to advise that I no longer get error message when deicing vehs show up at airplane however now since updating with new manager , I no longer get the option even when the temp is 0 degrees which normally would involve deicing option being offered. I am using fsx gold edition.

Don
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:51:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No deicing option after latest addon manager update ver X7
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 11:58:38 pm »
Just wanted to advise that I no longer get error message when deicing vehs show up at airplane

Which error ?

however now since updating with new manager , I no longer get the option even when the temp is 0 degrees which normally would involve deicing option being offered.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Icing conditions detection more realistic, now based on Temperature + Dew Point.

So, as suggested by users, De-icing will not appear just because it's cold, but it must also either Raining, Snowing, or the Dew Point must be close to the OAT, indicating moisture in the air.

don4444

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:52:08 am »
Hello

Thanks for quick reply. I reported in another post that after installing addon manager X6 I was getting an error message when the deicers showed up at the aircraft.  I didnt know there were other weather influences involved other then temp with the deicers. Thanks for that info I will continue to monitor same. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:01:17 am »
I didnt know there were other weather influences involved other then temp with the deicers.

That's precisely one of the changes introduced by the update. Some reported deicing appeared too often before, even if there was no icing risk.

don4444

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:33:41 am »
Hi again

I went to cyvr where its snowing and 0 degrees C.  I did get the option this time for deicing which is a good thing however when the trucks showed up to do same I got the error I was telling you about earlier.

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sun Feb 05 19:26:52 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1407, in do
AttributeError: 'Departure' object has no attribute 'temperature'
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Main Terminal Pier C|Gate 44', 'User Pos': (49.196251935428045, -123.18371958537232, 7.10085 m, 2.79536 m, 189.99996317585638)}

I never had any issues before until the last 2 updates.

If I restart caoatl  and not select deicing there are no errors. There has to be some script error with respect to the deicing vehs.

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 01:53:47 am »
There has to be some script error with respect to the deicing vehs.

Yes, there was. It's now fixed in the current Live Update. You can use the "Check for updates" function to get it now.

don4444

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »
Hi

Happy to report all is working fine again after doing the live update.   Great Product I spend almost as much time on the ground now as I do in the air .LOL