Author Topic: GSX Scenery Cache Request  (Read 1785 times)

voodoo101

GSX Scenery Cache Request
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:39:08 pm »
I have used GSX since release and still love it, even though sometimes I just have to use the pushback to save om VAS (not a GSX problem but the nature of FSX/P3D scenery and aircraft progression). There is just one thing that has annoyed me lately and that the Scenery Cache that gets regenerated every time I change the scenery file. I understand that GSX needs to regenerate the cache to enable it to know of gates locations etc, but is there anyway that with a future update that we could have cache sets. I use Simstarter to set profiles for different class of aircraft and to save VAS I turn off some of the scenery's, this means that GSX has to regenerate the cache. If we could have a selectable scenery cache, I could allocate one to each aircraft type. Maybe you could work with Simstarter to have it to select one automatically.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Scenery Cache Request
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:46:06 pm »
If we could have a selectable scenery cache, I could allocate one to each aircraft type. Maybe you could work with Simstarter to have it to select one automatically.

That's possible, some kind of command to set some folders as "frozen", so they won't checked again, until you ask for a rebuild.