Author Topic: Couatl Crash <unknown> **SOLVED**  (Read 6162 times)

TheLurk

Couatl Crash <unknown> **SOLVED**
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
hey guys, another one of "those" issues it seems....

i've downloaded the latest standalone addonmanager aswell as the latest GSX installer after encountering the issue, installing one or the other does not solve the problem, worked fine 2 days ago...the only thing that changed was that i bought and installed chaseplane, anyway heres the log:

couatl v3.1 (build 3577)
panic log started on Fri Jan 27 21:14:30 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 858, in do
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 150, in requestVehicles
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 121, in setGate
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'index'
{'Airport': 'EDDM', 'User Pos': (48.34866389599467, 11.769474998874022, 457.366 m, 4.12561 m, 353.7882284306911)}

any help is highly appreciated
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:55:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Crash <unknown>
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 09:34:18 pm »
This error indicates something that should never happen, as if you were able in some way to call for GSX services (which you can only do while on a parking), and then you exited from it so fast, the program couldn't finish creating the objects, something we tried to replicate manually, but it doesn't seem possible, so it might be well caused by another addon acting up on your plane position.

In any case, we added a special check to prevent this case, which will be included in the next update we should hopefully release early next week.

TheLurk

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:05:21 pm »
if it helps at all, at the time of the errors occuring i was using the PMDG MD-11 and chaseplane, weather was supplied with AS16, no other addons or things were running that could affect the planes position, and it was parked at taxi2gates EDDM at cargo stand 904, if that helps you at all..

p3d v3.2 is the sim i use

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:32:27 am »
The most important information would be: what were you doing when the log appeared ? Were you acting on GSX ? Or it appeared just like that, without doing anything ?

TheLurk

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 01:53:31 am »
sorry for the late reply, i was doing nothing, i was starting flightsim to setup something entirely different for it (streaming software)

my p3d launches with the default scenario, after starting it i loaded the saved flight i had, once spawned i loaded the panelstate for the MD-11 i wanted, the error occured at maybe 10-15ish seconds after the MD-11 had finished its initialization countdown and was just sitting on the ramp while i did other things outside of flightsim with OBS

this behavior is repeatable for my setup aswell on different airports or stands, just tested it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 02:03:00 pm »
Does it happen only with that airplane ?

TheLurk

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »
unfortunately not no, seems to happen with other aircraft aswell, PMDG and non-PMDG alike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:39:34 pm »
unfortunately not no, seems to happen with other aircraft aswell, PMDG and non-PMDG alike

I'm sorry, but we cannot replicate it. But we are testing with an update version, that would prevent the error to be happening.

However, it would remove the effect, but not the cause, which seems something not possible to be happening in the first place, like switching the parking while the objects were being created.

Could you please indicate a precise, exact, reproduction steps, indicating the airplane used, the airport used and the exact sequence of operations ?

TheLurk

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 03:30:18 pm »
i try to be as accurate as i can with it

1. Start P3D (with admin rights). no saved flight, default scenario.
2. After P3D has started up i select the saved flight i want, PMDG MD-11F at Taxi2Gate EDDM, parking stand 904
3. Set the time to whatever my current local time is
4. click fly now.
5. sim loads, active sky connects, the MD-11 goes through its startup routine after i loaded the panelstate for it.
6. at the same time GSX runs through its "regenerating airport cache routine and crashes about halfway through with the error above.

for what its worth, i am using https://www.fsaerodata.com/ in my simulator which changes/modifies default bgls, could this be the cause of the issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 05:41:29 pm »
for what its worth, i am using https://www.fsaerodata.com/ in my simulator which changes/modifies default bgls, could this be the cause of the issue?

Yes, it could, if it tried to change them while the sim is running. Or, if they were changed without FSX detecting the change, which would make GSX failing to the detect the change either.

In this case, you might try to use the "Restart and Rebuild Airport cache" option in the Couatl Settings menu, to force a complete rebuild of the GSX airport cache.

TheLurk

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »
yeah, when i try that it runs through the recreation process but completes with "generation finished with error"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 07:13:57 pm »
yeah, when i try that it runs through the recreation process but completes with "generation finished with error"

Enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Setting page, and then check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file after exiting FSX immediately after having regenerated the cache, it should give more details why the cache couldn't be regenerated.

sumits81

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 02:57:58 am »
Hi Team,

After updating GSX and couatl I'm seeing the following error logs:
Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3625, time stamp: 0x58921765
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256ca0
Exception code: 0xc0000029
Fault offset: 0x0009d4a0
Faulting process id: 0x2a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d27dbd62d085c1
Faulting application path: E:\P3D\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: ac82f075-37ce-4bb4-a154-53cf8c423987
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Didn't happen before the update. This also renders all other addons to fail (fsuipc options dont launch for example). I've tried with default planes and have the same result.

Please can this be looked into asap.

Thanks.

TheLurk

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 03:44:35 am »
umberto, funny thing, i was about to do that but i installed the newly released GSX version before that and now the error seems to have disappeared... it build the cache fine, no fault messages or anything of the sort, i can still post the log if you want though