Author Topic: Error on installation of GSX Update  (Read 9171 times)

Daniel.Burke01

Error on installation of GSX Update
« on: February 03, 2017, 12:21:07 am »
Hello,

I'm getting an error on the start up of FSX after installing the new GSX update.  I've tried both the addon manager installation, and the full GSX install.  Both end up giving me this error.  When I click YES to run the program, I get a fatal error message for FSX.  If I click no, then, obviously, GSX doesn't start in program.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-Dan-

cosnowboarder_777

Re: Error on installation of GSX Update
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:26:16 am »
I can confirm I also have this exact same issue.

John Bauer

smnielsen

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:18:24 am »
I have the exact same issue.

Soeren

gsxuser

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 11:00:03 am »
I've got the same with P3D. If it loads bglmanx.dll P3d crashes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 11:17:53 am »
Try to restart Windows, and reinstall.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:13:43 pm »
I've tried restarting and reinstalling multiple times.  I always get the same error message, and I always select YES to start the module.  FSX crashes has fatal error every time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 02:20:06 pm »
I've tried restarting and reinstalling multiple times.  I always get the same error message, and I always select YES to start the module.  FSX crashes has fatal error every time.

Be sure you disable the antivirus when installing, and configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning.

This error appears randomly for many 3rd party modules when they have been just updated, see a possible fix here:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/1523

Of course, in your case, the key will contain  $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<bglmanx.dll>, but the solution doesn't change. Remove the key related to FSX.EXE in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »
Strange thing...I don't have an anti-virus program on my computer at this moment.  I always run as administrator as well.  I JUST got this message this morning after restarting windows and trying to reinstall.  I've never seen this message before and I tried reinstalling about 5 times last night.

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »
I tried again, and the above message did not appear this time.  I'm currently installing an anti-virus program to make sure that my computer is free and clear of any virus. Just want to make sure a virus isn't preventing files from being downloaded or placed executed. Thank you for your patience and assistance!

-Dan-

gsxuser

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »
Hi Umberto,
i tried the re-installation several times after restarting my Win 10 x64 pro, disabled Win Defender and disabled Firewall with no success.

Then i tried a virtual machine with clean Win XP & clean FSX Accelaration with the same result.

Comand7

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
I have the exact same issue.
I rebooted Windows several times. I turned off the antivirus. I reinstalled the GSX several times. Unsuccessfully!
Please someone from fsdreamteam help us.
Or at least dispolibinize the last update. At least it was working.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 12:37:28 am »
Still having the same issue after restarting and reinstalling.
John Bauer

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 03:20:52 am »
Ive also run a complete virus scan on my computer with a subscription copy of McAfee. Nothing was found.  I will try again now and see what happens

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 04:13:17 am »
Alright,

So after having searched through these forums and all over google, I have come to the conclusion that none of the fixes that have previously worked are working for me.  I have tried every solution mentioned prior.  I have tried reinstalling other FSDT products KDFW and CYVR as well as the add-on manager and GSX all separately and independent of each other.  I have installed and subscribed to McAfee to run a virus check to make sure I wasn't being blocked from downloading files from a virus.  I have restarted my computer multiple times and I come up with the same FSX crash error every time I select yes to start the module.  I'm running low on options!  My system specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 8GB
System: 64-bit Operating System
Video Card: GeForce GTX 560
I have 756 gigs remaining on my D drive (where all FSX programs are installed)
and 19 gigs remaining on my C drive which only has the operating system.

The ONLY change I have made and have NOT tested was the installation of PMDG 747v.3.  I have NOT tried uninstalling this and then installing GSX, which I will try now, but that has been the only update or modification I have made to FSX prior to attempting to update GSX.

Thanks,
-Dan-

Daniel.Burke01

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 04:25:37 am »
I have just tried uninstalling PMDG 747 v3 and again received the same error message.  This time, I went back to a previous copy of GSX that I had prior to this update.  HOWEVER, even with this older file (which I downloaded on August 1st, 2016) I'm still getting the same error.  Its interesting though that I see certain files being installed through the LIVE UPDATE feature, like the deicing pads, for instance, that were NOT part of this original GSX update in August.  I can only assume, that maybe an error that is unrelated to the actually files, but is sourced to the installation through the live update feature might be causing this issue. If that even makes sense.....

Thanks All, I'll keep researching possibilities from the users end, as I see MANY folks are having this issue.  Again, rolling back to an earlier version did not work, so it HAS to be something that's being provided in the live update part of the installation.