Author Topic: GSX option to remove fuel truck  (Read 8209 times)

Jeeno

GSX option to remove fuel truck
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:38:17 am »
Hello,

as I don't like the new fuel system (I didn't use it before the last update as well) I would like to suggest the option to disable it completely.

Best regards

Giorgio

downscc

Re: GSX option to remove fuel truck
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:57 pm »
I second the motion. 

The new PMDG 747v3 will have progressive fueling feature, which causes COUATL to crash.  The couatl log reveals that PROGRESSIVE REFUELING REQUESTED when the PMDG feature is used, then the log indicates an Attribute Error "NoneTypeObject.

I'd kill COUATL but then your sceneries dissappear.  I think an option to kill GSX fueling is a good compromise.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:32:34 am »
as I don't like the new fuel system

Saying "I don't like" doesn't help anyone. Please indicate why you don't like it, and what you would like to be changed.

(I didn't use it before the last update as well)

There wasn't any fuel service before. It was just showing the default Fuel Page.

I would like to suggest the option to disable it completely.

I think you are now confusing the whole Fuel Service, with the AUTOMATIC detection of a Progressive Fuel Service. As already indicated in several other forum threads, it has been confirmed the next update WILL have the ability to disable this so, the Fuel won't ever appear unless you call it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 11:36:50 am »
I second the motion. 

As I've said in the previous message, the AUTOMATIC detection of a plane starting a Progressive refueling will be optional in the next update.

The new PMDG 747v3 will have progressive fueling feature, which causes COUATL to crash.  The couatl log reveals that PROGRESSIVE REFUELING REQUESTED when the PMDG feature is used, then the log indicates an Attribute Error "NoneTypeObject.

Having that feature disabled just because you have an error which shouldn't appear in the first place, it's not the way to fix things.

The automatic detection should work regardless so, please indicate the precise, exact, content of your error log because, in addition to make it optional, we have fixed a lot of things in the refueling so, if you do a proper error report, we might check if this might have been already fixed in our version, so you won't *have* to disable the automatic detection of the progressive refueling, if you don't really need to.

Jeeno

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:07:24 pm »
as I don't like the new fuel system

Saying "I don't like" doesn't help anyone. Please indicate why you don't like it, and what you would like to be changed.

Using the Aerosoft Airbus I don't want the fuel truck to show, however even if I don't call the truck, when selecting "request catering" it messes up everything. The only way to have only catering service is to wait for the Aerosoft refuel to stop and then call catering: I don't like it.

Jeeno

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 01:25:18 pm »
Furthermore another reason: IRL trucks are not used for refueling in 90% of airports (at least in EU).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:04 pm »
when selecting "request catering" it messes up everything

The problem of selecting Catering->Refueling after having skipped De-Boarding, has been already fixed in the upcoming update, of course. Every reported problem is always fixed, this should have been known by now...

The only way to have only catering service is to wait for the Aerosoft refuel to stop and then call catering: I don't like it.

Since you said "wait for the Aerosoft refuel", it seems you started the Aerosoft refueling *BEFORE* selecting the GSX refuel service, which is not what the GSX manual tells you how you are supposed to use it with a 3rd party airplane that uses a custom fuel system, which examples on the manual.

When you use a 3rd party airplane that uses a custom fuel system, you are supposed to call the GSX fuel BEFORE doing anything on the airplane that might change the fuel.

The GSX manual clearly says that, the proper moment to load the fuel (using whatever method the airplane has, either Instant or Progressive), is AFTER the GSX Fuel Truck has been connected, and you see the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" message from GSX.

If you ignore the manual, and do it before anyway, GSX will *try* to detect this automatically, and will send a fuel truck anyway. THIS feature will be made optional, but it won't change the fact that, in order to have the GSX Fuel truck working properly, you will still have to wait for the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" message before changing the Fuel quantity on the airplane.

Of course, when the feature will become optional, you won't *have* to select the GSX Fuel to begin with, and nothing will happen because GSX won't try to autodetect anything, so you can just ignore it but, as I suspected, your statement about you not "like" the GSX Fuel service, didn't really had anything to do with the service as such, just that you found it buggy, because you never used it as explained on the manual.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 01:29:00 pm »
Furthermore another reason: IRL trucks are not used for refueling in 90% of airports (at least in EU).

That's not obviously a good reason, since having a Fuel Truck is surely better than having no service AT ALL. Again, with the ability to turn off the Progressive Fuel AUTO DETECTION, you can simply NOT call the Truck, if you don't really like it.

And, as discussed in some many other threads, we'll add hydrant refuelers in future versions.

fabristunt

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 02:05:20 pm »
Good thing it's gonna be optional. Sometimes I just don't wanna use it.

Another thing now is that i can push back while boarding. The tug driver doesn2say anymore "departure clearance requested. waiting for other services to complite". It just hooks up right away. If i let it push me back, the boarding sound goes on until it's really finished

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 02:13:28 pm »
Another thing now is that i can push back while boarding. The tug driver doesn2say anymore "departure clearance requested. waiting for other services to complite". It just hooks up right away. If i let it push me back, the boarding sound goes on until it's really finished

That's another problem that has been fixed in the upcoming update.

Jeeno

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 10:47:56 am »
I'm glad to read that some issues are solved and more features will come in the future. That's all.