Author Topic: Add on manager and couatl missing in add on menu. Tried everything  (Read 2168 times)

pts130

Running FSX:SE on windows 10

Addons:
-GSX
-Flightbeam Dulles
-Flightbeam Phoenix (Trial)

Problem:
-I am missing the couatl and the addon manager under the addon dropdown menu.
-missing buildings on all addon sceneries that require the addon manager to activate
-do not see the option to trust couatl upon opening fsx for the first time after install
-do not see the option to install couatl and the add on manager after installing

Attempted fixes:
-I have already reinstalled all addons with their most current installers (deleting couatl and the addon manager upon uninstall) many times
-I am aware that the missing buildings is most commonly associated with antivirus blocking it so I reinstalled with antivirus completely off and as an admin
-confirmed that the registry is correct

Other info:
-I do see other addons under the addon dropdown menu including the sode jetway addon that is included with gsx.
-I used to have only the addon manager but after following instructions on how to fix the registry, it disappeared as well.
-GSX trial did not work (went ahead and bought it anyways...)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add on manager and couatl missing in add on menu. Tried everything
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:50:49 am »
-I used to have only the addon manager but after following instructions on how to fix the registry, it disappeared as well.

This seems to indicate that you had some problem with the registry, fixed it in the wrong way, and made it worse. Try this post, and follow the instructions to the letter:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14608.msg107072.html#msg107072

Then, after you fixed the registry, reinstall GSX.