Author Topic: Addon Manager Download Issue  (Read 3109 times)

ieydis

Addon Manager Download Issue
« on: January 29, 2017, 07:30:29 pm »
Seem to be having an issue downloading the standalone AM.  The download reaches the end and then says network error.  If I select to download again it gives me a page unreachable error.  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Ilya

ikarus2010

Re: Addon Manager Download Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 05:53:13 am »
I have a similar problem with the Addon manager: About 3 times  after having got the message to download a new AM I have to reinstall again all sceneries bought. At the end I could do that,   however now again doing the same reinstallation process after having installed a new AM the system does not even react when I try to reinstall the sceneries. Just nothing happens!!!
Thanks for help!

Alfred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:11:27 am »
The downloads are all working fine, and nobody has reported any problems with them (we can obviously have server reports showing all users that are downloading successfully).

The only possible reason is a problem on your end. It can be either an antivirus or a firewall, or a browser issue. If it's an antivirus or a firewall, it must be turned off before downloading.

If it's a browser issue, it might be fixed in one of the following ways:

- Clear your browser cache

OR

- Restart the browser

OR

- Remove all cookies from mediafire.com

OR

- Try with a different browser

ikarus2010

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:30:19 am »
Hi Umberto, thanks a lot for quick reply
Even I act according your suggestions it is not working. I receive the message: Essellerate engine ERROR code 0x e0010004. no engine is installed. (what is this "engine"??)
Then after I opened the AddonManager it says:
Product installed in TRIAL mode, then I try to  reinstall and nothing happens.
Anyhow, strange enough: I have started the FSX in Zurich and have seen all fsdt LSZH buildings, then after take off, all have disapperead...
Best regards
Alfred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:34:28 pm »
Even I act according your suggestions it is not working. I receive the message: Essellerate engine ERROR code 0x e0010004. no engine is installed. (what is this "engine"??)

That's because you haven't installed the current version. That message will appear if you failed to install the current Addon Manager. Or, of course, can also happens if you ANTIVIRUS is blocking the installation, so you are stuck with the previous version, which is no longer compatible with the updated activation servers on Esellerate.

As explained in all threads about antivirus, it must stay disabled while installing, if you suspect there might be a problem with it.