Author Topic: addon manager not working right  (Read 2421 times)

rsperge

addon manager not working right
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:40:13 pm »
    I have the newest download addon mnager 3.1.0.1 and  I have many of fs dreamteam airports. I am using FSX I turned my anti-viral off, when  I press ctrl-12 I get no gates or anything like that.  What I get is the page that talks about hangers and so forth. When I check in the addon manage it says my product is active  So what is wrong, how do I get the gates on where to park which are not showing up ?

thanks, Ronny

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:23:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: addon manager not working right
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
What makes you think the Addon Manager has anything to do with this ?

I press ctrl-12 I get no gates or anything like that.  What I get is the page that talks about hangers and so forth

That's exactly what you are supposed to get, when pressing CTRL+F12: the YouControl menu for an FSDT airport that has one, which indicates everything is working correctly, BOTH the Addon Manager and Couatl, otherwise you wouldn't have that menu.

You said "I get no gates or anything like that", which seems to indicate you were expecting to see the GSX parking selection menu, but that's NOT how GSX works, on an FSDT airport with a YouControl menu, when you press the YouControl hotkey which, by default, is CTRL+F12.

When an airport has a YouControl menu, the GSX parking selection menu is not supposed to appear directly. Instead, you are supposed to see two entries, the 1st being "GSX Select Parking facility", the 2nd named as the airport itself, which controls the YouControl menu for that airport.

If you don't have GSX installed, the YouControl hotkey will open the airport YouControl menu directly (the one with options to open hangars, etc.)

If you have GSX installed, and you press the YouControl hotkey on an airport that doesn't have a YouControl menu, it will open the GSX Parking selection menu directly.

If you have GSX installed, and you press "Show GSX menu bypassing YouControl" hotkey, which by default is CTRL+Shift+F12, it will open the GSX Parking selection menu directly, even if the airport DOES have an YouControl menu.

So, it doesn't seem you have any issues with the programs, just you didn't knew that the CTRL+F12 key, by default, is the YouControl key, and it's doing what is supposed to do, because you are on an airport with a YouControl menu, and you haven't installed GSX

It's likely you uninstalled GSX, reinstalled just the Addon Manager, without reinstalling GSX. Of course, reinstalling GSX would made installing the Addon Manager redundant, since GSX obviously comes with it.

rsperge

Re: addon manager not working right
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 07:36:36 pm »
that's seems to be exactly right I uninstalled gsx cause my computer crashed, so now will install it.  thanks a lot.