Author Topic: Random couatl crashes when starting the sim  (Read 3663 times)

edwardpat

Random couatl crashes when starting the sim
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:59:37 am »
Hi:
I'm having random couatl crashes when the sim starts-up (see report below). The sim is not crashing, just the couatl module, as it's not shown on the Addon Menu inside the sim (so GSX won't run). I'm running P3D v3.4.18... I have two computers, with more or less the same things installed, one on Win 10 and the other still on Win 7 SP1, so it's curious is not happening on one computer alone, but it's happening on both, and I've said, it's random.
Certainly something is going wrong. What would you suggest?.
Thanks for looking, Ed
This is the Report (Event Viewer on Win 10):
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-02T00:01:41.108621400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>65891</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Eduardo-PC3</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.1.0.3625</Data>
    <Data>58921765</Data>
    <Data>couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.1.0.3625</Data>
    <Data>58921765</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0046028e</Data>
    <Data>1348</Data>
    <Data>01d292e82b7e4f34</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>8f37bc60-4114-4bc1-846f-48023eb73516</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Random couatl crashes when starting the sim
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 02:46:10 am »
I'm having random couatl crashes when the sim starts-up (see report below). The sim is not crashing, just the couatl module, as it's not shown on the Addon Menu inside the sim (so GSX won't run).

The event log doesn't say anything.

Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu and, if it happens again, exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file and, eventually, send it to me ( email is best ), to see if there's anything wrong with it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 10:14:59 pm by virtuali »

edwardpat

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:24:00 pm »
I'm having random couatl crashes when the sim starts-up (see report below). The sim is not crashing, just the couatl module, as it's not shown on the Addon Menu inside the sim (so GSX won't run).

The even log doesn't say anything. Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu and, if it happens again, exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file and, eventually, send it to me ( email is best ), to see if there's anything wrong with it.

I'll do if it happens again.
Thanks, Ed

edwardpat

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 03:52:10 pm »
Hi, it happened again. Could you please confirm your email to receive my Couatl files?.
Thanks, Ed

edwardpat

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 06:27:39 pm »

The even log doesn't say anything. Enable logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings menu and, if it happens again, exit from the sim and check your Couatl.LOG file and, eventually, send it to me ( email is best ), to see if there's anything wrong with it.

I'll do if it happens again.
Thanks, Ed

Sent the files to you already three days ago. Have you found if there'is something wrong with them?.
Thanks, Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 04:43:10 pm »
Sent the files to you already three days ago. Have you found if there'is something wrong with them?.

Nothing. But it's useless to continue looking for it now, because we are working on a new version and MAYBE we found a way (we haven't found a reason...) to prevent such random crashes with no errors.