Author Topic: Q400 refuelling  (Read 5082 times)

Mephic

Q400 refuelling
« on: January 27, 2017, 12:11:14 pm »
Hi

I know that Q400 subject is beaten to death here, but I'm wondering if Q400 truck-refueling is supported by default or I need to move refueling point in 3D view?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Q400 refuelling
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:24:05 pm »
It doesn't matter right now, because for planes with smaller capacity, the large truck won't arrive, and the small truck doesn't have a man+fuel hose animations, so it will park somewhere close to the left wing, but not in the exact point of the refueler.

With the next update, we are trying to make a better animation on the smaller truck too, so it will use the precise refueling point set in the configuration (which, right now, is not preset by GSX, but it will be in the update).

However, since the airplane has an high wing, it surely can support the two largest tankers so, if you want to play with it, you can try this (unsupported) modification:

- First, configure the plane to set the refueling point. We are using these numbers for the Q400: 10.27 -0.27 4.16

- Open the Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_FuelTruck_TZA45FM\SIM.CFG file with a text editor, and change ALL the lines that read:

couatl.condition = %(fuelCapacity)f >= 3500 and %(fuelCapacity)f < 8000 and %(fuelPointHeight)f > 3.40

change to:

couatl.condition = %(fuelCapacity)f < 8000 and %(fuelPointHeight)f > 3.40

- Open the Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_FuelTruck_7296\SIM.CFG file with a text editor, and change the line that reads:

condition = %(fuelCapacity)f < 3500

change to:

condition = %(fuelCapacity)f < 1

This will remove the limitation of requiring at least 3500 usgal capacity in the airplane to get the smaller of the two larger trucks, and will basically remove the smaller truck, so you can still use the new refueler in the meantime.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:31:52 pm by virtuali »

Mephic

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 06:00:09 pm »
Thank you I'm going to try that today.

I also have a second question is it normal that even though q400 has one door with stairs, gsx still provides stairs to front doors which overlap with original ones? When flying q400 I always disable stairs but not sure if that's correct process. And this also means I loose rear stairs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:43:47 pm »
I also have a second question is it normal that even though q400 has one door with stairs, gsx still provides stairs to front doors which overlap with original ones?

No, it's not, and it's probably happening because you configured it and added the front passenger door. The configuration file that comes with GSX for the Q400 has the front passenger door disabled, to prevent the GSX front stairs to appear.

When flying q400 I always disable stairs but not sure if that's correct process.

No, it's not. When you need to change something related to the airplane, you should configure the airplane, not the parking.

Mephic

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
Understood. Problem is - if I enable doors, there is no GSX sounds when loading pax. I think the reason might be that default configuration also does not include aft doors. I'll try to add it so stairs go to aft doors, and front doors are used without stairs.

EDIT; If I remove front doors, then rear stairs don't arrive. That is weir.d
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:10:54 am by Mephic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 12:20:22 am »
Understood. Problem is - if I enable doors, there is no GSX sounds when loading pax. I think the reason might be that default configuration also does not include aft doors.

Yes, you must have at least one passenger door. In fact, the configuration we'll supply with the next week update, will add the rear door to the Q400, but of course you can do it yourself. If the only passenger door is the rear one, front stairs will never arrive, but the rear ones will.

Mephic

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 12:35:28 am »
Well something really weird happened now. I'm sitting at LKPR airport (default). Regardless of Gate/Parking I choose there is no aft stairs (and front stairs to be precise) even though the checkbox "disable" is not ticked.

Any other airport is the same. Only thing i did was resetting all of custom changes within doors.  To be fully honest I'm glad with the outcome because all other aircrafts staircase work and in this case I didn't need them anyway.

I set front Door as FSX#1 in the editor.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:38:48 am by Mephic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:53:34 am »
I can only confirm that, if you have Exit1 disabled, but Exit4 enabled, the rear stairs will appear, unless you disabled them on the parking too.

Note that, after you edit a parking, it's best if you "Restart Couatl" to apply the changes. Not each change, you can do all you edits, then Restart only once, after Applying the changes.

Mephic

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 01:19:32 am »
Yes Sir! You were right - I fixed it :) Disable #1, Enable #4 and mark them as #4 and it's all fine, even the stairs are realistic like the one I used to step in :)

Fantastic work! Thanks for tips.

Mephic

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:00:19 pm »
Duhhhh... lost sounds again after last update, this time setting door 4 as only active one doesn't work as GSX does not recognize they're opened and keeps asking to open them

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »
this time setting door 4 as only active one doesn't work as GSX does not recognize they're opened and keeps asking to open them

That's why GSX has an option that allows to ignore the door status.

Mephic

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 09:31:00 pm »
Thanks, but if I do it there is no boarding sounds.

Mephic

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 02:36:58 pm »
As an update I tried to do what I did before the update:

I set Door 4 as Door 4 without open/closed check.

I start boarding - I get no sounds, but boarding is activated properly. I am not entirely sure what to do. If I set door 1 to door 1 I can hear the sound but I also have stairs connecting to door 1 which looks bad since Q400 has already stairs.

Anyone found a workaround or has a working config?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:22 am »
If I set door 1 to door 1 I can hear the sound but I also have stairs connecting to door 1 which looks bad since Q400 has already stairs.

Use Door 1, and set it to 0 meters in height.

Mephic

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 03:01:46 pm »
You're the man!!!