Author Topic: GSX failure to reset  (Read 2407 times)

crauds

GSX failure to reset
« on: January 24, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »
   In attempt to use the ConcordeX on FSX, I loaded fuel (mult tankers/progressive) and being aware that there exists an error that will not "end" the filling, I waited until I had simulated the correct amount (2nd truck) and clicked "restart COUATL" in fhe FSX menu.  The animations disappeared but GSX failed to reappear as an option in menu.  I checked the log file and this is what I see:

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
Running in mode: FSX (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Added Menu Item "Couatl settings" (id 67)
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Added Menu Item "Couatl Live Update" (id 69)
Added Menu SubItem "Disable Addon" (parentId 69, id 70)
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
Added Menu SubItem "Restart Couatl" (parentId 67, id 71)
Added Menu SubItem "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" (parentId 67, id 72)
Added Menu SubItem "Key Mappings..." (parentId 67, id 73)
Added Menu SubItem "Show YouControl Menu        Ctrl+F12" (parentId 67, id 77)
Current locale is English_United States.1252
Initializing audio...

I checked my VAS and available memory and that seems not to be an issue (and since GSX was active before).  My audio works fine so not the issue.  Tried same scenario again and had same results.  I am at a default airport LLBG with only light UT2 traffic and using ASN with fair weather.  I have VISTA 64 SP2 and your latest upgrade of GSX.

On perhaps a related issue, when I initially loaded FSX (the tryke) I had GSX available and observed it had loaded the "cache" but when I selected the ConcordeX model I noticed that GSX was no longer available.  Unfortunately, I did not check the log file before I restarted FSX and tried again.  This second time I went directly from the tryke to my saved Concorde model and GSX was still available.  Seemed to be OK until I tried to reset it.

Another thought concerning the issues with GSX and ConcordeX, could it be a confusion in the units being used that is causing GSX to continue to load beyond the required quantity?  I have my windows and FSX set to USA system (feet, pounds, etc.) but the ConcordeX load is set in Kilograms.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX failure to reset
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:26 am »
I checked the log file and this is what I see:

If GSX failed to restart for any reason, the log file won't tell you much, because is the one from the previous session. As I've said in another thread, the Reset function (as explained on the manual too), should be used only as a last resort if there's a problem, not as a standard way of operations.

Another thought concerning the issues with GSX and ConcordeX, could it be a confusion in the units being used that is causing GSX to continue to load beyond the required quantity?  I have my windows and FSX set to USA system (feet, pounds, etc.) but the ConcordeX load is set in Kilograms.

No, because it only checks the internal FSX variables, and they can be requested in any unit of measure, regardless how the original application presented to the user.

Please indicate a reproducible case of GSX loading beyond the quantity. Clearly state all the following:

- Your exact sequence of operations, including how you loaded fuel (for example, with a 3rd party panel)

- How much fuel you had before refueling

- How much fuel you asked for

- Whether you have the Multiple Trips option enabled or not.

crauds

Re: GSX failure to reset
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:04:22 pm »
Hi Umberto!

This incident occurred because I was trying to find a way to make the ConcordeX workable while I await your ultimate solution.  We have already discussed the ConcordeX fuel loading issue in an earlier thread.  The "restart" is necessary to end the fuel loading before any other GSX function can be implemented.  Reset seems to work if I complete all GSX activities before I load ASN.  Seems not to be a VAS or memory issue but somehow has an effect when both programs are active at the same time when I am using the ConcordeX.  Restart not an issue but seems to function correctly when I use PMDG models.  I only have experienced the "restart" problem when I am trying to use ConcordeX.   Seems I have no choice but to wait for you to properly address the issue hopefully in your next update. 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64