Author Topic: GSX  (Read 2191 times)

SirBismuth

GSX
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:52:42 pm »
Downloaded GSX recently to test it out, as I like what I saw in videos on Youtube.

It's only in trial mode atm, but plan on purchasing it in the next week or so.  I flew to EDDM, one of the airports that work in the trial, and was suitably impressed.  The marshaller, however, was not that impressed with my parking, lol. 

Not quite sure how the jetways work, a GSX message displayed reminding me to activate the jetway, so I did, but then said something about the parking stand have a "default jetway".  I have only tried GSX once on arrival and departure from EDDM, and haven't read the manual yet, so apologies if it's explained there.  That wasn't an issue to me, just something I noted, the catering and baggage services worked just fine on arrival as well as when departing.  I fly the PMDG NGX, so refuel via the FMC and not GSX services.

My favourite part of GSX is the pushback that aligns you correctly on the taxiway, would buy it for that alone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »
Not quite sure how the jetways work, a GSX message displayed reminding me to activate the jetway, so I did, but then said something about the parking stand have a "default jetway".

GSX doesn't change anything to the jetways, it simply informing you you arrived on a scenery with default jetways, so it's reminding to use them as you always did, with the default command CTRL+J

If a 3rd party scenery uses SODE for jetways, GSX will detect this and integrate with it, making it easier to use and configure the airplane, since the airplane configuration made for GSX will shared with SODE. This is valid only for sceneries made with it, for example FSDT KIAH and KMEM use SODE for jetways.

I fly the PMDG NGX, so refuel via the FMC and not GSX services.

I suggest reading the manual, because GSX has been designed to work with the PMDG refuel! There's an example made with the 777. The 737 doesn't have a Progressive Refuel simulation, but GSX can still work with it.

SirBismuth

Re: GSX
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:49 am »
Thanks for the reply, will definitely take a look at the manual as well.