Author Topic: Umberto - What is the guidance with Concorde and refuelling  (Read 3301 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Umberto - What is the guidance with Concorde and refuelling
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:22:19 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Reading through the manual for refuelling guidance there is no mention of the steps to take for FS Labs ConcordeX.

The fuel for this aircraft is loaded via the Addons - FSLabs menu in a single action as there are 13 tanks and fuel has to be loaded precisely for each tank. You mention the PMDG 737 and 777 aircraft and how those can be integrated with GSX but there's nothing for Concorde.

Given it's in the list of supported aircraft can you please advise what steps we should take that would best simulate a fuel load? Or do we have to ignore it all together? That wouldn't be very satisfactory really.

LATER: I've turned off "Always Fuel Progressively" and the tanker is now under the aircraft and GSX shows it loading fuel. But the total quantity in Aircraft - Fuel and Payload - Fuel Settings shows an unchanged total fuel load. So what is going on exactly? I'm confused.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:09:16 pm by Ray Proudfoot »
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Umberto - What is the guidance with Concorde and refuelling
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:42:36 pm »
The fuel truck is still underneath my aircraft and I've requested pushback. The pushback truck arrives and I'm ready to start engines.

But the fuel truck is still there. As I haven't told the fuel truck how much fuel I want to load how does he know when to finish? And why doesn't he move away once pushback is requested?

It would seem GSX Fuel option is not compatible with Concorde. But shouldn't it be?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:09:37 pm by Ray Proudfoot »
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 05:19:30 pm »
Hi Ray!

I had a post on this issue a week or so ago.  I did not try turning off progressive fueling and I left multiple trucks checked also.  In my case it just kept sending trucks.  Seems it is not reading the fuel quantity correctly.  Umberto says he is (or will be) requesting more information from FSL.  You and I both use CPS to load the tanks according to Concorde load algorithm but the quantity in the various tanks shouldn't be concern to GSX.  It should just be the difference in total fuel I would think.  Like you, I hope that the Concorde issue gets sorted soon and is not forgotten about.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:45:31 pm »
Hi Craig,

I doesn't seem to work properly with or without "Progressive Fuelling" enabled. I left Concorde aligning the INSs and when I returned 20 mins later the GSX Fuel Truck was underneath the aircraft despite me not requesting it. GSX seems to have a mind of its own.

I'd be quite happy for a virtual fuel load since the actual fuel has already been loaded into the 13 tanks. I'd be very surprised if GSX knew how much fuel to load into each tank.

Once Umberto responds we'll have a clearer indication of how best to handle this.
Cheers,
Ray.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 11:21:43 pm »
Roger that, Ray.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 12:01:21 am »
I left Concorde aligning the INSs and when I returned 20 mins later the GSX Fuel Truck was underneath the aircraft despite me not requesting it. GSX seems to have a mind of its own.

This is not really a problem. In fact, it is supposed to work like this, if the program detects a sudden change in the fuel quantity made by the airplane.

But again, we'll try to test the Concorde as soon as possible, sorry, but we are just so busy with so much stuff, that a problem with a specific airplane cannot have the same priority, but you can be sure it WILL be handled.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:01:32 am »
This is not really a problem. In fact, it is supposed to work like this, if the program detects a sudden change in the fuel quantity made by the airplane.

But again, we'll try to test the Concorde as soon as possible, sorry, but we are just so busy with so much stuff, that a problem with a specific airplane cannot have the same priority, but you can be sure it WILL be handled.

Sorry Umberto but it is a problem. Whilst I can choose to use Catering or Pax Loading it seems it's mandatory the fuel truck will arrive whether it's needed or not. And if GSX detects a change in fuel increase then isn't it obvious the user has loaded fuel themselves so there is still no need for the fuel truck.

If it's going to be a long time before a fix is provided then please at least consider issuing a hot fix to make the fuel truck optional. Having a fuel truck stuck underneath my aircraft with no option to remove it is not realistic or appreciated.
Cheers,
Ray.