Author Topic: MD11 not animating full fuel load required  (Read 2088 times)

crauds

MD11 not animating full fuel load required
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:26:20 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I had tried PMDG MD11F before but didn't need more than 1 truck and it worked fine.  Today, I had 15000# in tanks and needed total of 143000# so the fill should have been 128000#/19104gal or almost two full trucks.  When second truck came, however, it only loaded a small amount (around 900 gal) and then left stating that "refueling was completed".  I have progressive and multi-trucks checked and activated the loading from the FMC since this aircraft has "progressive fueling" implemented already in the simulation.  I have FSX SP2 and use VISTA 64.  I only have GSX, UT2, and ASN as additional add-ons.  AFCAD was default UAAA Cargo parking.  I noticed another thread had mentioned an inconsistency with the PMDG MD11F.  I hope you can duplicate the problem and find a solution.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: MD11 not animating full fuel load required
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:19 am »
Further testing:  seems PMDG MD11F fuel loading through the FMS is much faster than GSX.  Also, it continues to load fuel while waiting for the 2nd truck.  Could be that PMDG is simulating fuel loading by two trucks (one on each wing) simultaneously and thus fills almost 2X faster than GSX(?)  Obviously nothing that Couatl can change unless there would be a different way of configuring the aircraft so that it behaves as though it did not have automatic progressive fueling build in(?)   Any ideas?  I would think there would be similar issues with PMDG B777 but I don't have that model to test.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MD11 not animating full fuel load required
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:31:00 pm »
seems PMDG MD11F fuel loading through the FMS is much faster than GSX.

That's not a problem, GSX doesn't care how fast a 3rd party airplane will refuel, as long as it will do it continuously.

Also, it continues to load fuel while waiting for the 2nd truck.

That's exactly the same as with any other 3rd party airplane with a progressive refuel system, like the 777 or the Aerosoft Airbus.

They don't communicate with GSX, since there will be a need for some kind of protocol which would require some cooperation between us and the plane developers, since they MUST update the airplane code to support "pausing" of the refueling system while the GSX truck is going away and a new one hasn't arrived yet.

unless there would be a different way of configuring the aircraft so that it behaves as though it did not have automatic progressive fueling build in(?) 

Couldn't you simply load the fuel instantly ? At least, while we try to figure out if and why there are problems with the progressive refueling of the MD11 and not, with the 777 or the Aerosoft Airbus.