Author Topic: addon manager/GSX errors  (Read 3282 times)

Aviation_nerd

addon manager/GSX errors
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:34:25 pm »
Hello I posted something similar the other day but have not gotten a response so i'll try again. deleted my last post to try and rephrase everything. I have owned GSX for a number of years never had any issues until now. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling to see if it would fix the issue I was having, but no such luck. Every time i install both the Addon manager and GSX I get the following error which both say the same thing Run-time error (at 150:2448): Error on line 17, position 16 end tag 'nam' does not match the start log. then after pressing ok another error comes up saying list index out of bounds. If I can get some help resolving the issue that would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Christopher

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: addon manager/GSX errors
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »
I get the following error which both say the same thing Run-time error (at 150:2448): Error on line 17, position 16 end tag 'nam' does not match the start

Your DLL/EXE.XML files are already corrupted, most likely because you have edited by hand. The installer won't try to touch a corrupted XML, since it will probably destroy it entirely, if it tried to do that. Only you can fix them.

If you don't know how to do it, if you ZIP the files and Attached them on a message (don't copy the text. ZIP the files and attach them to a post), so I can show you the errors.

The XML files are located into

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

If you use FSX.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »
I'm  using these addons on P3D, so would it be the same name as FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 09:50:28 pm »
I'm  using these addons on P3D, so would it be the same name as FSX?

P3D uses two locations:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Send files from both locations. Make two separate ZIP files and attach them both to a new message.

Aviation_nerd

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
I have the files zipped and ready to send, but can't find the button in the email portion to send the attached files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:49:49 am »
Attach them to a post. Click on the "Additional Options..." link.