Author Topic: Scenery with working Jetways  (Read 2493 times)

EdB

Scenery with working Jetways
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:06 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum so hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times before.

First of all, let me say I am enjoying GSX very much. I know Jetways have been a topic in the flight sim community for quite some time. Something that is a standard feature in FS  now has  been eliminated by many of the major scenery developers. I was hoping that purchasing GSX would solve the Jetway issue, but that proved negative.

Well.. I have 4 Areosoft titles now...and no working Jetways unless I pay more.  I decided to check other sceneries ... seems they all got on the same band wagon. I am no longer going to purchase scenery packages without working Jetways if at all possible so I'm looking for a developer that supports jetways.

Question #1)  Do the FSDT scenery titles have working Jetways with GSX.

Question #2) Where can I find these titles to purchase if question 1 is positive?  (FSDT sceneries that have working Jetways)

Thanks,

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery with working Jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:43:29 pm »
I am new to the forum so hopefully this hasn't been asked too many times before.

So many times, that's difficult to count. And of course, the GSX manual also have a large blue box explaining the issue.

Something that is a standard feature in FS  now has  been eliminated by many of the major scenery developers.

Well, that's not really what's happening. We always had animated jetways in FSX, since it was released. For a while, we were the only ones, but now almost all major scenery developers, have more or less supported animated jetways in a way or the other, Aerosoft being a bit of exception, but only depending on the actual scenery developer.

I was hoping that purchasing GSX would solve the Jetway issue, but that proved negative.

That's because you cannot have a product that will add jetways to 3RD PARTY sceneries that don't have them in the first place, without making a separate job for each scenery, something that should have been made by the original scenery developer in the first place.

Well.. I have 4 Areosoft titles now...and no working Jetways unless I pay more.

I think you probably know the reason....we work in the opposite way: if you buy an FSDT scenery, we let you use GSX there for FREE.

I am no longer going to purchase scenery packages without working Jetways if at all possible so I'm looking for a developer that supports jetways.

You are absolutely right.

Question #1)  Do the FSDT scenery titles have working Jetways with GSX.

All of them, without requiring GSX, because GSX doesn't have any effect on the jetways of a scenery. GSX only provides for ground services, since it assume that a scenery made in this century, should have proper animated jetways, in some way.

And of course, the "new wave" is SODE, which is so much better than the default ones, and GSX fully cooperates with it but still, in order to take advantage of SODE, the scenery must been made that way.

Our two latest, KIAH and KMEM, come with SODE jetways.

EdB

Re: Scenery with working Jetways
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:56:51 am »

Question #1)  Do the FSDT scenery titles have working Jetways with GSX.

All of them, without requiring GSX, because GSX doesn't have any effect on the jetways of a scenery. GSX only provides for ground services, since it assume that a scenery made in this century, should have proper animated jetways, in some way.

And of course, the "new wave" is SODE, which is so much better than the default ones, and GSX fully cooperates with it but still, in order to take advantage of SODE, the scenery must been made that way.

Our two latest, KIAH and KMEM, come with SODE jetways.

So I understand that all FSDT sceneries have working Jetways. This being the case, you have just earned another customer.

Thankyou very much for responding to my query.

All the Best,

Ed